Thread: Thinking Of Buying A New Basha

Thinking Of Buying A New Basha

I'm thinking of buying a basha which will accommodate my son and I. Even putting up a tent can be hard work due to back problems so I thought that this might be a better idea. I have seen this one by DD Hammocks and I would like your comments please.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-DD-TAR...item33795d11ca

Would this be big enough for two of us, a place to keep our kit dry and maybe somewhere to cook underneath. It has a 3000mm head so it should be ok for the good old British weather.

Along with a Polish Rollmat and Czech Army bed roll I think this might be the way for us to camp out, what do you guys think.

Cheers Neil

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    The DD tarps are really great. I've always said that the 3m x 4.5m is too large but if two of you want to live and sleep under it I would think it would be fine.

DD are a great company to deal with and their kit is basic but pretty much bullet proof.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    The DD tarps are really great. I've always said that the 3m x 4.5m is too large but if two of you want to live and sleep under it I would think it would be fine.

DD are a great company to deal with and their kit is basic but pretty much bullet proof.

Martin

Thanks Martin, that's the sort of reply I really wanted to hear.

Bye Bye to Fleabay profits tomorrow it is then.

Cheers Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a basha which will accommodate my son and I. Even putting up a tent can be hard work due to back problems so I thought that this might be a better idea. I have seen this one by DD Hammocks and I would like your comments please.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-DD-TAR...item33795d11ca

Would this be big enough for two of us, a place to keep our kit dry and maybe somewhere to cook underneath. It has a 3000mm head so it should be ok for the good old British weather.

Along with a Polish Rollmat and Czech Army bed roll I think this might be the way for us to camp out, what do you guys think.

Cheers Neil
    Hi Neil

This might be a good one for you and your lad.

There doesn't seem to be any trace of Tenth Wonder on Fleabay at the moment. Does anyone know if they're still on holiday?

Great video; it's nice when some one is obviously dead chuffed with their latest plaything
    Last edited by happybonzo; 25-08-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: biff typing
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by happybonzo View Post
    There doesn't seem to be any trace of Tenth Wonder on Fleabay at the moment. Does anyone know if they're still on holiday?

Great video; it's nice when some one is obviously dead chuffed with their latest plaything
    I think a couple of weeks before they are open for business again. There are a few of us that have bought the Tenth Wonder Kit and we are very pleased.
    The chap in the vid above calls it as it is and has reviewed quite a bit of the TW kit. I took a chance with his reviews and have not been disappointed.
    The prices are very reasonable too.
    TreeCamper

I think the DD 3x3 tarp is just about perfect - big enough for two as well.
    They're currently doing it in brown as well, which is the one I'd go for.
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

Seems like a nice tarp, I must confess I have three Tenth wonder Hammocks (1 regular size and two XL's - the XL's are excellent for longer stays, more comfy) if the tarp is the same quality as the hammocks, it'll be great bit of kit
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

I just bought a brand new 4.5m x 3m DD for £28 + £5pp on ebay.
    Cheaper than I could find regular size. I just hope its not too big eek!