Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First aid kit

If you need more than a plaster .. your in trouble .. !! .. thats my first aid kit !

Samuel Hearne
    I trained as a team medic in the army then went on to become a medic (RCMT 1) where i was taught how to reckonise signs an symptoms and treat anything from the common cold to blast injuries also did the BATLS course (battle field advanced trauma life support). My basic kit is many of the items listed above plus a few extras, i modify my kit to what i may be doing or planning to do. The above lists are very good for anyone starting out to make up a first aid kit to treat them selves, i will say it is always GOOD to get some proper training and keep up to date.

Let's see...
    I have 13 non-stick pads (of varying sizes), a bunch of band-aids, some cotton swabs, 20 yards of dressing tape (the non-adhesive kind that only sticks to itself), a small bottle of Hamamelis virginiana extract, and tea tree oil. I should probably add a bit of aloe vera gel and some Balsam Fir sap/resin as well.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin