Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good woodlands in the north west

Alone in the Wilderness sharks3010's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardWildman View Post
    From what kernowek seemed to be describing it sounds like one of the set of woodlands I currently work in just off the side of Thornton by Little Crosby, Currently in the process of turning part of the area into a bushcraft school as an addition to our Outdoor centre located near by, anyone is more than welcome to camp out/practice bushcraft here if they don't mind helping out with a bit of site maintenance i.e.. clearing wood & coppicing. let me know what you think.
    I've dropped you a PM. as I live in Liverpool, this sounds like an great opportunity to keep practicing bushcraft locally. Thanks for the post.

Dave

An old thread this one, may find the offer of camping, in return for some labour may have been with-drawn...
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

Alone in the Wilderness sharks3010's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sar-ian View Post
    An old thread this one, may find the offer of camping, in return for some labour may have been with-drawn...
    Cheers for letting me know Sar-ian, much appreciated.

If this offer still stands, I'm interested.

Hi Mike, I think that this is now withdrawn, however if you're looking for permission camping, Northern Soul Bushcrafters, of which I am a founder member will be organizing meets at various location and dates through out this year, all are welcome, we just ask that you abide by the NSB ethos and all that we stand for. You've just missed our first birthday meet, check out our facebook page for piccy's, cheers Ian.....
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

Daresbury Firs is nice pine woodland lovely size big enough to get lost in and quite isolated & my fave woodland where i lived for 3 months in a tipi without seeing more than 2 peolple for the entire time, Longacre Wood in Dutton
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

Sounds just the job Ian, the ethos thing shouldn't be too bad, so long as you don't bight the heads off live animals or wear white pointy hoods with letters on. Thanks for responding BTW, now I gotta find your Facebook page.
    Last edited by mike; 24-01-2014 at 03:02 PM.

Thumbs up i

I recognize daresbury and dutton, so assume you're talking to me Yeti. Least I hope so cos daresbury firs sounds fantastic, why aren't we all camping there. Prestatyn ain't a million mules either. Thanks for responding. Mike.

Trapper
    I work just around the corner from Daresbury firs. I go there to get away from the madness of a lunchtime.
    Tis a nice place. It's not huge, but easy enough to stay hidden if your quiet. Doesnt get a huge amount of traffic, just the occasional dog walker. I think of a few places lot closer to Prestatyn though.
    Not all those who wander are lost .... J. R. R. Tolkien.

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    I think of a few places lot closer to Prestatyn though.
    i grew up in detsbury village so its my childhood woodland!
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.