Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Around Suffolk and SE

Looking forward to it Ben and Tony.

Steve
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

Hi All,

This has to be the first time I've seen anyone into bushcraft from this neck of the woods on the Internet. Most of my friends think I'm mental wanting to spend time in the 'wild'! There's some great places around Ipswich.

Ken
    Last edited by Ken; 10-01-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Hi Ken nice to see some one else from around Ipswich I thought I was on my own in some ways. My ex thought I was mad to so don't worry about it I don't drop me a message if you like. I have been trying to find a place around here but till now I have not had much luck. It doesn't help me a lot either not being from the aarea either so any help aor tips would be nice.
    Ben

Hi ya ben,
    Saw ya post and was the main reason I joined this forum.
    I'm from Ipswich myself and know the problem you face. However there is one forest that is available on the outskirts of Ipswich. I've asked permission before and the women said " I'm not the owner but I'm sure he wouldn't mind as he doesn't live around here anymore." She allowed me to have a fire too.

The forest is off a nice size, lots of variety of trees, deers graze there, also rabbits, squirrels and foxes roam the woods as well as the odd snake. There is a pond as well, not sure if its any good as I don't tend to stay in the same area, but think I've seen some old mans beard there.

Could send you the location and directions if you like?
    One Man, His Dog and The Wilderness

Hi Ben that would be great for directions and stuff me and Ken are trying to get a bit of a meet with people from near Ipswich so it isa nice to hear from you

Ben
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

One Man, His Dog and The Wilderness

Hi there I'm not from Ipswich anymore but Ken is still there
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Alone in the Wilderness

north suffolk

I can see this is an older post but I am in Beccles, and we got plenty around the norfolk broads although fires 'arent permitted it still is a lovely area, there is also a camp site between beccles and saxmundham that allows real floors fires and is a great little place, if anyone is interested for a night under the stars? I personally prefer it when the winters is here.

Hi rydergrove welcome to the forum,ya it is an old site ,but how kairs some of us ESSEX boys are allways up for a night out under the stars .Let us now if you got anthing pland on the inside the M25 I think it is the post.atb..............DONT GET EATEN BY THE BEARS.............TONY

Alone in the Wilderness
    Hi Ben
    I've been on a bike once in my life and I've never been in the army, but I hope you won't mind me saying hello. I'm newish to bushcraft, by way of a roundabout route that includes climbing and some bits of mountaineering and a lifetime's worth of camping, and I'm trying to meet some like minded people in Suffolk. I'm based in Ipswich, and without wanting to ride the back on anyone else's hard work, I wondered if anyone local-ish has any good haunts they might be prepared to let on about, or if there is anyone out there who might fancy a couple of nights out as the evenings draw in. It'd be good to hear from you, and maybe pick your brains.

Becca
    The proper function of man is to live, not to exist.
    Jack London

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
    Henry David Thoreau