Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budget Bushcraft - Inexpensive pieces of kit - Poundland store in UK

Budget Bushcraft - Inexpensive pieces of kit - Poundland store in UK

Hi all, Found a couple of bits today that you might be interested in if you live in UK...

Poundland have 0.5 litre aluminium 'Sigg' style (not sigg) water bottles for £1 and that includes a little carabiner clip.

They've also got the Altoids mints in the tins for £1 each if your looking for small tins (or mints :-)

And... they've also got Jute cord in a cylindrical metal tin with push on lid for £1

Paul.
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

Poundland do great deals in the summer when they put their camping range out, they have great enamel plate's bowl's and cup's all for a quid, you couldn't beat it.
    Learn a little, Enjoy a lot.

http://buzzardbushcraft.blogspot.com/

I would stear away from cheap alu. Sigg copies. The coating inside them often contains PVC, BPA and an abundance of other nasty stuff. Even older original Sigg bottles are not free from BPA - it's the same thing with the older Nalgene products.

I use only uncoated stainless steel bottles, like Tatonka's, for the same reason.
    Last edited by JEEP; 30-12-2010 at 06:45 PM.

Hobo
    yes with your cooking gear, i would better go with stainless steel for those exact reasons. but theses small tins are great for your firelighting stuff like tinder.
    I´m running free yeah, i´m running free...

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    I would stear away from cheap alu. Sigg copies. The coating inside them often contains PVC, BPA and an abundance of other nasty stuff. Even older original Sigg bottles are not free from BPA - it's the same thing with the older Nalgene products.

I use only uncoated stainless steel bottles, like Tatonka's, for the same reason.
    Bit of a late reply here, sorry.

PVC shouldn't be too much of a problem for a water bottle, as long as no heat is applied to it. Mains water pipes are made of PVC over here.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post

Yeah Jakob, but - ONE POUND!!! i'm sure we'd all put up with a few stomach cramps/diahorrea for a saving like that! (apart from Martin obviously). I dunno what things are like in Denmark at the moment but we're nearly eating our own earwax over here to make savings!!!!
    If you stretch out both arms to represent all time on earth, then with one stroke of a nail file you could eradicate all human history, and 98 per cent of all human history was spent in the stone age.

Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    Bit of a late reply here, sorry.

PVC shouldn't be too much of a problem for a water bottle, as long as no heat is applied to it. Mains water pipes are made of PVC over here.
    The amount of asbestos I had in the back of my 432 I think it doesnt relly matter what I use LOL
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzee View Post
    Yeah Jakob, but - ONE POUND!!! i'm sure we'd all put up with a few stomach cramps/diahorrea for a saving like that! (apart from Martin obviously). I dunno what things are like in Denmark at the moment but we're nearly eating our own earwax over here to make savings!!!!
    lol, I don't care what I drink out of, as long as it's either made of bone china or myrrh.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    lol, I don't care what I drink out of, as long as it's either made of bone china or myrrh.

Martin
    You lost your jewel encrusted titanium goblet Martin ?
    There's no brew without fire.

Tribal Elder
    I dont even really like the osprey bottle ... plastics are generally bad as far as im aware...hard to avoid it these days though.