Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camping out at Sondrup Strand, July 6-8 2012

Camping out at Sondrup Strand, July 6-8 2012

Camping out at the open campground at Sondrups Strand, near Horsens, Denmark - together with my good friend Joachim.

I end up ranting quite a bit about vandalism, which is a growing problem here in Denmark - and it pisses me off! Aside from that, it was a weekend well spent, with a lot of relaxation, sharing of knowledge and long conversations about the deeper things in life

I got to try my new Vango Banshee 200 tent for the first time, I am actually quite happy about it, though it is somewhat on the short side for me.

I brought both my Gränsfors Bruks Small Forest Axe and Wetterlings Small Axe. Both are excellent axes, but a tiny axe like the Wetterlings is not really very usefull for preparing firewood, I expect it to be a great carving axe though.

I managed to almost wear all the finish off the blade of my new Bacho Laplander - due to the high salt content of the wood from the beach I guess.

Sorry about the dark images in the beginning, it gets better 30 seconds in. It is the first time ever for me to edit and post a video on YouTube. Next time I will most likely bring my Canon 500D and a tripod instead of using my iPhone.

Great wee vid Jakob and im with ye 100% on your rant . The same happens here and it gets right up my back too.
    Some folks have no sence or respect for the outdoors.

Cheers
    AL

Great video Jakob (says me enviously as I try to sort out random shaky clips from MY weekend!).
    Love that wee tent of yours... looks like a quality unit.

And Underburg for breakfast??!! Love that!

Oh no, just what the forum needs. Another wannabe Ray Mears who spam the forum with self made "Bushcraft" videos from his own Youtube channel
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    Where is the Berret?
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Isn't my Chairborne cap enough?

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Where is the Berret?
    And the slippers
    +1 for Al's comments too
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

On a serious note. We get the same idiocy happening in Norway. Not long ago someone had kicked over all the fireplaces in the local park, they are the same type as in Jakobs video. This is also next to a lake that get used a lot by kids for swimming. The councill has built shelters, etc. These are more or less left alone though,as there is always a lot of grown ups and families using them. So the braindead tend to leave them alone. On that same trip, they had ripped out the rope from all the rescue bouys allong the shore of the lake, I found one hanging up a tree. So obviously the only thing needing rescue was the braqincells of the individual responsible. And don't get me started on the littering...
    (Roald Amundsen)

Just started watching it....... why don't you do reviews of the freeze dried meals you have tried and ones you like, am sure many will find it informative. I've tried a couple types in the past with less than impressed results, but due to the cost of them, I don't want to risk wasting money on more flavoured sawdust in the future.