Thread: My gear so far

My gear so far

I don't have what i want complete yet but i will make a start with the big stuff first and fill it in later.

Backpack: I got the Dutch Special Forces type 1 pack, its a Arwy lowe alphine Saracen(120l)
    Tent: who needs those
    Bivibag: Dutch army goretex bag
    Hammock: DD Travel hammock
    Pocho: DD
    Tarp: 3x3 DD
    Sleepingbag: Dutch Special Forces M90 modulair
    Waterfilter: msr mini travel
    Shoes: grisport summit

Thats about it for now, the small stuff i will post later.

The sleeping bag is prob the heaviest, 3kilo, i know i know there are bags that dont event weigh a kilo but tell me this.
    Do you get for €75 a summer sb comfort about 5c, a 3 season bag comfy till -15 and when you put em together resistant to -40? ow yeah, it comes with a that baggy you do in ur sb (dont know the english word). So the extra kilo's are worth it imo
    Travelling on foot without money
    www.justkai.com
    “The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”

Tribal Elder
    Wow where do you get that sleeping bag? -40c comfort for 75e is pretty outstanding!

yeah but dont try it at home cause you will be surfing on your sweat. We buy it here in the army/dump store, it is used in our army as well, i got a discount btw its €85 normally but still
    www.justkai.com

How do you like the Lowe Alpine Saracen?

Quote Originally Posted by Notredame11211 View Post
    How do you like the Lowe Alpine Saracen?
    It is an extremely sturdy and hardwearing backpack, though quite heavy too. Military gear tends to be that way.

I doubt, at the price point, that you can find any line of backpacks, other than the Lowe Alpine military packs, that will take the same amout of abuse for years and years to come.

120L is a bit extreme though, one needs to be in more than just regular good shape, in order to carry a fully packed 120L pack - even a short distance.

Try looking at the Lowe Alpine Salient, it is a 70+20L backpack - it is a much more reasonable size. I used to sell quite a lot of these at my old job.

Thanks for the info Jakob, I will look into the Lowe Alpine Salient

its not that bad,i am not even in regular shape at the moment and only 1,71m but the pack is extremely well balanced, feels really good even at a heavier load and i that much space, i am not hiking a couple day or a week
    www.justkai.com