Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Teach me about Czech bedrolls

The only thing that bothers me is the size they pack down to, as I tend to walk a fair distance before setting up camp the weight might be an issue to. any advice Cheers Bri
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

Quote Originally Posted by biker-bri View Post
    The only thing that bothers me is the size they pack down to, as I tend to walk a fair distance before setting up camp the weight might be an issue to. any advice Cheers Bri
    To be honest it depends upon the time of year. I used it last night in my hammock. No need for a sleeping bag or an air mattress.

So both weight and room in the backpack saved.

Ade

The video is up on YouTube now folks if you'd like a look at what we're all talking about.

Ade
    Ps Kernowek Scouser gets an honourable mention in the end credits.

Good review I thought it would take up more space than that, a sleeping bag and underquilt all in one, where's my bank card

I have been looking at a couple of these for my boy and me as our next buy in a week or so. After that great review it looks like buy, buy, buy all the way.

Thanks for the review Ade.

Neil

Cracking review fella.

Good, solid, honest, informative, demonstrative & Northern. If I didn't already have one, I'd be googling 'Czech Army Bed Roll' to see where I could buy this brilliant bit of kit, for so little money.

The first time I used the bedroll myself was at the Cornwall RV back at Easter, I thought about taking a sleeping bag with me as it was a wee bit nippy at the time, but opted for an additional fleece blanket (as it rolled up inside, along with a thermarest and you could, just, button it up) In the end I didn't use the blanket as I was nice and toasty with just the bedroll (atop the thermarest).

So I am not at all surprised you were boiling with the bedroll + a sleeping bag, in warmer weather. Indeed, if you had taken some spuds with you, you probably could have had baked potato for breakfast

One of the things I really like about this bit of kit is the different ways folks think to use it.

I had a notion of trying to hang the wool inner and waterproof outer to the hammock's double layers (with clothes pegs for expediency) but the monsoon like rain of the last few weeks put me off field testing and several shiny baubles caught my eye and made me forget all about it.

I never thought to simply button the bedroll around a hammock, GENIUS

I'm glad you found it a useful piece of kit, you've certainly got rolling it up off to a fine art (It took me several practice goes to get it to button up, without any additions) and hopefully your video will introduce this versatile, affordable sleep system to a wider audience.

Good work that man

And finally, thank you for the name check.

Since joining this forum, I have asked (and will continue to ask) a fair few questions of the membership myself and I have received a lot great advice. In addition to the advice received, I have absorbed and fair bit of info from just trawling through the forum and reading articles on the main website. I may not get out overnight anywhere near as much as I would like, but on the rare occasions I have, there have been several moments when my enjoyment of the outdoors has been enhanced by advice I have received or information I have absorbed, here on Natural Bushcraft.

So having taken so much from this excellent knowledge store and friendly, helpful community, I am rather chuffed to have given some information back that has actually been useful to someone else

I probably won't happen again

Atb,

Colin
    Ansum La

Alone in the Wilderness
    Sold!

Just ordered mine for this weekends 2 nighter fishing trip

Thanks a lot for all the comments so far folks.

I really do like this piece of kit and I think it will form a permanent part of my sleep system.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else can show other configurations/set ups using the bedroll.

Kernowek Scouser, you are absolutely right buddy. This is what forums (especially NB!) are all about, sharing information for the good of everyone.

All the best

Ade

Hi Folks,
    I'm hoping that this message reaches as many people as possible.

I have had quite a few comments lately on my videos which I really appreciate but unfortunately I am not able to reply to them.
    There appears to be a bug issue with the whole of YouTube at present which doesn't allow users to reply to video comments.
    Please bare with me until they sort it out.

I will reply to all of the comments as soon as possible.

Is anybody else having this issue?

Adrian

Ordered mine today before they run out Cheers Brian
    Oh and a big thanks to Adrian & Colin for bringing this item to our attention (and it's always nice to have someone to blame if I don't like it
    Last edited by biker-bri; 24-07-2012 at 12:13 PM.