Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dutch Army Defence Sleeping Bag System

Dutch Army Defence Sleeping Bag System

I was trawling through some army surplus sites and stumbled upon this:
    Dutch Army Defence Sleeping Bag System
    £64.99

http://www.fu-kit.com/product.php/20...ing-bag-system

I've got a bag (and recently a sleep roll) suitable for mild and warm weather, but nothing for brass monkey weather.

I was wondering if any of you have this bag (or have had a go of one) and what your thoughts on it are.

For a penny under £65, it looks a bit of a bargain.

Cheers,

Colin
    Ansum La

A lot of change for some thing that mite have been Repaired

It is and anything that costs more than a tenner, usually brings me out in a cold sweat.

But, this does seem a fair bit cheaper than other multi bag set ups I've seen (even second hand ones), so I've been doing a little further investigation.

According to a fella on another forum who has just bought one, this bag is made by a Spanish defence contractor, Fesca and the two bags are copies of the Corintha Defence 4 (outer) and Corinthia Tropen (inner) which would set you back £178.95 and £122.95 respectively (on Heinnie Haynes).

Ok the bags on Fu-kit are second hand and they may, may, have had minor repairs done to them, but if they are decent copies of the Corinthia bags, £65 for the pair does make me think they may be worth a punt at some point in the future.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for more info and post it here accordingly.
    Ansum La

What is the worse thing is going to have wrong, a little bit of sewing? In the end of the day it says small repairs, so if it actually have something repaired it should be more than fine.
    BTW, I love the name of the shop, FU.KIT.

Banned
    Who exactly is it that tested the - - values? What criteria did they apply? Meaningless twaddle unless you know this and can relate to it for real. How can you have a "tropical" sleeping bag that works to minus twelve? A sheet sleeping bag is far to hot in the tropics, doesn't make sense. . .
    Who exactly was it that slept at minus 55degC? where they in a tent situated in a sheltered hollow, or sleeping on an exposed alter at over five thousand meters in a howling snow storm?
    You really need to know these things - or the figures are meaningless.
    Last edited by Elektricgypsy; 14-03-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Tribal Elder
    My sleeping bag fetish demands that i get one.... must resist...

If you get it let me know how it is.

also loving the name of the site!

Banned
    No No - do not resist - enjoy your fetishes - take them right out on the edge!

Tell us what became and betided!

Enjoy Enjoy. . .

Quote Originally Posted by comanighttrain View Post
    My sleeping bag fetish demands that i get one.... must resist...

If you get it let me know how it is.

also loving the name of the site!
    I doubt I'll be getting one any time soon, but I may well look at one toward the end of autumn as I'd like to extend my adventuring into the winter months.

The guy on the other furum did a trial of these bags in his garden last night. He says they kept him very warm, but were a little snug fitting with his sleep mat inside the bags. The fella is over six foot tall, so that may well have contributed to the snugness, but he still had a comfortable nights kip.

I must admit, the more I look at this bag system, the more I like it. It does seem to be a good quality copy of a much more expensive pair of bags and comical performance ratings aside, it does seem to be a viable sleeping option for winter time adventuring (and at £65 for two, albeit second hand, bags it seems relatively cheap, considering the price you can pay for a single winter rated bag).

I'm not too bothered about the possibility of buying something that may have had minor repairs made to it, but the main sticking points for me with these bags (and with bags generally) are I don't like having my feet squashed together in a mummy style bag (although the cut in this case does look more generous than other bags) and is a two bag system likely fit comfortably around my chest and shoulders, when most single bags on the market make me feel like I've been wrapped in elastic bands from the elbows up?

I don't know, I may just end up making do with my recently purchased Czech Army Bed Roll and add a duvet into the mix or I may just think 'bugger it, life's too short, spend money while you have it' and get one regardless (I used to fritter away a lot more money than these bags cost, each month on cigarettes and I could use these bags more than once) I don't know.

Decisions, decisions, hmmm....
    Ansum La

I'm not really in need for a winter sleeping bag right now, and I just got my self a Chrysalis 2, but I'm pretty sure I will be looking at this after September, if I haven't got my old -20 bag back by then.

Gonna necro this thread just because I got one of these highly recommended sleep systems, the USGI one, and it's related to this thread. Only tried out for fit, and slept in the green an black bags past two nights indoors, wow!

http://blog.gunfire.pl/en/2010/12/14...system-review/