Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perfect Bag?

Quote Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
    have used a ex swedish army trangia set up as my main cooking kit for years now, hard to beat as so versitile and can be used over fire or embers as well as the meths burner, bought mine for under a tenner but have seen them close to that on ebay. also one of the few that will accept rat pack meals without having to fold them in half!

regards-Steve
    I am buying one! £15 new
    Can't wait, mess tins & cooking in 1.

The army trangia is way cool! I have had one on my to-get list for some time. But, I want to find one in steel, not the "new" aluminium version.

Regards.

Jakob

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    The army trangia is way cool! I have had one on my to-get list for some time. But, I want to find one in steel, not the "new" aluminium version.

Regards.

Jakob
    do they have steel ones?

The first ones were steel, but the production was rather quickly changed to aluminium. The steel ones are a tad heavier than those in aluminium, but they are also a lot more rugged.

Unfortunally the steel army Trangia is rather rare.

Regards.

Jakob

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    I have a stainless steel S.A.T, and I love it..however it is probably nearly twice the weight of the aluminium one, so not so good for long walks, but it has always been and still remains my favourite cooking system.

£300.. hmmm... love my current kit so maybe a rail or coach card so I can get out and about without fear of losing car. I hate leaving it unattended when I off doing circular walk over a few days
    Gonna be the first Duck to the Nort Pole in 2012! Quack!