Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bushcraft advertising - honest answers needed.

Bushcraft advertising - honest answers needed.

Hi folks
    Not sure where to put this one so please feel to move it as necessary.

I have a simple question that I need some honest answers to.

I was recently tagged on YouTube to give a video response on what one item I would take to the woods to survive. Whilst. I'm not a "survivalist" and don't subscribe to that mind set, I thought it only polite to respond.

In my response instated that my one item would be my GB Small forest axe. There has now been a huge slew of responses stating that I am advertising this product and furthermore there is an accusation that I have my daughter with me to create a "warm and cosy" feeling so I can slip in some advertising "under the radar".

I have never had any adverts on either my channel or my website and have never tried to make money off the back of my hobby.

There are a number of folk who have bushcraft channels who have monetized their accounts for revenue but not me.

I would appreciate it if you folks would kindly take a look at the video on my channel (linky thing in my signature) and tell me honestly if you think I have "sold out" to the advertising world as some of the comments suggest.

Many thanks
    Ade

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    You only mentioned the Makers name once, that's hardly advertising by any stretch of the imagination !!Ignore the negativity brother, do your own thing and practice what you preach, too many people out there throw around accusations without foundations, don't rise to them.
    Last edited by luresalive; 17-06-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Far too many people are waiting to shoot you down on the internet. I'm sure it's because they know the chances of coming face to face with you are next to zero. You know that we have a close to zero tolerance policy on trolling and general bad behaviour/attitude on NBC. I'm afraid that the same can't be said of the rest of the www and it's poorer for it in my opinion.

Ade, you know what your motives were when you made the video and said what you said. If you're happy with what you said then just ignore the nay sayers and get on with it. Life's far too short to let them get you down.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Yeah, you only mentioned it once. Just looks like a bushcraft enthusiast chatting about an axe with a family member to me. Don't take notice of them. Absolutely nothing wrong with it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by luresalive View Post
    You only mentioned the Makers name once, that's hardly advertising by any stretch of the imagination !!Ignore the negativity brother, do your own thing and practice what you preach, too many people out there throw around accusations without foundations, don't rise to them.
    Thanks buddy. I appreciate the feedback.

Ade.

Thanks for all of the comments so far folks.

Much appreciated.

I don't mind them having a pop at me but what has annoyed me the most is when my daughter was mentioned.

Ade.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    The trouble is Ade, if you put yourself out there, you have to be prepared to take the flak from the nutcase minority.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Ade i have watched all you vid and can honestly say all i have taken from them is info, gota say you're a top bloke and bo*&*ks to the downers

Just watched the video and read the comments.

So, how much did Gränsfors pay you then?

...just kidding

The guy accusing you for advertising is nothing but a sad troll - my advice is to ignore him, as attention (any kind of attention) is what drives sorts like his.

Now't wrong with that vid mate, there are always people who will try to put you down - take no notice, they are probably jealous because you know more than they do.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .