Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: What are opinions on folding knives.

  1. #21
    One with Nature AL...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northeast Scotland
    Posts
    1,604


    Cheers
    AL

  2. #22
    Tribesman bikebum1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wandering through life
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Want to check out the Opinel. But they are not easy to come by in Norway. Found it online, at a reasonable price in itslef. To bad the outlet wants 10 to ship it to me...
    Thats the bad part of living in a small arctic town in a small (population) country. Well, I have to make do with my SAK, or get a Buck 110, but they are ridicilously overpriced.
    So I may go treassure hunting in my dads shed. I think I saw one of my child hood knives there a while ago. I may just go an nick it :-)

    An alternative is to get the opinel from that american auction website. I can then halve the price, and thats including shipping....
    Have had them in the past they are killer good knives though.

    Far as folders opis SAKs have had a number of Svord don't own one yet but that will be my next knife purchase

    If ya don't mind asking what is ridiculously over priced there for a Buck? I know they go for about 50 bucks here in the states. Not bad for a US made knife actually with damn good steel to it
    I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes. ~Frank Sinatra~


    " Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and

  3. #23
    Ent FishyFolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Harstad, Norway
    Posts
    3,542
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebum1975 View Post

    If ya don't mind asking what is ridiculously over priced there for a Buck? I know they go for about 50 bucks here in the states. Not bad for a US made knife actually with damn good steel to it
    Here they are 80 -100US$. As a rule of thumb, if something cost 40$ in the US, the Norwegian price will be +/- 400NOK. The conversion rate is 5,9$ to the NOK.

    We order a lot of high end electronics from the US. It's so cheap over there that even if we have to pay our 25% V.A.T on everything we import, and the cost of shipping, we still come out saving substantial ammounts of money.
    We are a country where a pint of beer....well, you don't actually get a pint, jeg get 500ml, is 13$ in a pub. A burger at McDonalds is easilly 15$. Okay I am whinging...
    Last edited by FishyFolk; 04-07-2012 at 05:36 AM.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

    Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

  4. #24
    Ent FishyFolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Harstad, Norway
    Posts
    3,542
    I got something in the mail today :-)

    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

    Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

  5. #25
    Tribesman bikebum1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wandering through life
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Here they are 80 -100US$. As a rule of thumb, if something cost 40$ in the US, the Norwegian price will be +/- 400NOK. The conversion rate is 5,9$ to the NOK.

    We order a lot of high end electronics from the US. It's so cheap over there that even if we have to pay our 25% V.A.T on everything we import, and the cost of shipping, we still come out saving substantial ammounts of money.
    We are a country where a pint of beer....well, you don't actually get a pint, jeg get 500ml, is 13$ in a pub. A burger at McDonalds is easilly 15$. Okay I am whinging...


    WOW I think I just chocked on my jam sandwich lol man that's crazy the price of the foods.

    Thanks for the explanation though on the conversion
    I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes. ~Frank Sinatra~


    " Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and

  6. #26
    Ent FishyFolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Harstad, Norway
    Posts
    3,542
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebum1975 View Post
    Have had them in the past they are killer good knives though.

    Far as folders opis SAKs have had a number of Svord don't own one yet but that will be my next knife purchase

    If ya don't mind asking what is ridiculously over priced there for a Buck? I know they go for about 50 bucks here in the states. Not bad for a US made knife actually with damn good steel to it
    I know the bucks are nice. I have had a couple of 110's over the years. One was attached to my combat west in the army at all times, for all sorts of tasks, where a small, sharp blade was handy.
    The other I lost in Kenya when my backpack was stolen in Nairobbery, Kenya...
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

    Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

  7. #27
    One with Nature AL...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northeast Scotland
    Posts
    1,604
    You look like one very happy Bushcrafter Rune Bonnie knife there and a handy wee compass too.
    Thats what I realy like about this fourm everybody is there to help .
    Cant get better than that.

    Cheers
    AL

  8. #28
    Ent FishyFolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Harstad, Norway
    Posts
    3,542
    Quote Originally Posted by AL... View Post
    You look like one very happy Bushcrafter Rune Bonnie knife there and a handy wee compass too.
    Thats what I realy like about this fourm everybody is there to help .
    Cant get better than that.

    Cheers
    AL
    Yeah this place is really something. Whitled a little with it, after the batteries on the cam went dead. And I must say it's surprisingly good. Will not be surprised if it enda up as my go-to knife for small whitling tasks, and at the same time, really, really light. Keep checking my pocket to ensure its still there, lol
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

    Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

  9. #29
    One with Nature AL...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northeast Scotland
    Posts
    1,604
    Haha .. I know just what ye mean
    Im the same when ever I get some new bit of kit. They realy are excelent knives and hold a great edge.

    Cheers
    AL

  10. #30
    Tribesman bikebum1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wandering through life
    Posts
    760
    I got an Opi 7 and love it made a simple belt sheath for it to. Far as folders it is my go to knife and does a pretty good job for a carver. takes a wicked edge to but best of all holds that edge very well. Surprising how good a knife it really is for a 8 dollar folder
    I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes. ~Frank Sinatra~


    " Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •