Thread: Vehicle camping.... LITERALLY!!!!

Vehicle camping.... LITERALLY!!!!

Man, didn't expect this from our buddy Sean Mulhall, is literally "How to set up a hammock inside your vehicle!!" Aka minivan in his case, I should be able to do the same in my 4Runner, but still, I expected the hammock to be outside the vehicle, attached at one end and the other on a tree or something. I've slept in my Runner before, set up a foam matress on the floor with blankets, wasn't too bad at all for my six foot long frame (was one of those preplanned drunken nights, and I wanted to prove to myself I could sleep in it!)

Still, this takes the cake!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=28D3HFlSeR8

I saw this video when he added it. It made me want to get a Land Rover LWB, just so I could but a couple hammocks in it lol.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

I've had a few decent night's kip in a hammock IN MY 90!!!

Diagonally, from a hole drilled in the inside rim on the drivers side rear, with a carabiner and a knot jammed outside the offside door. Passenger seat put right down.

...I am quite short, mind.

Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

Just imagine how comfy it would be in a 110
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

For a while now i've been looking how to rig some form of sleeping arrangement into my Flander (Freelander) but like a lot of the Landy range, the Flander a bit on the short side. Like Fletch and one or two others, I'm looking at assembling some kit for all terrain bushcrafting and it would be simpler if I could bed down in the vehicle.

Not sure SWIMBO would appreciate me drilling and fixing hammock anchor points into the front passenger side windscreen pillar and back off-side door pillar...! - so might have to be a back seats out job for my trips which i think is pretty easy to do actually and then throwing down a self inflating mat.

Paul.
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!