Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you keep your kit?

Tramp
    Since I live alone... (Actually, it is in the middle of the forest, my next door neighbour are 800 m away, through the woods... )
    I have my stuff all over the place....
    At the moment, from where I sit on the sofa, I can see 3 rucksacks, 2 pair of boots, all my leatherwork stuff on the dining table, my knifemaking stuff on a extra table in the livingroom, some of my shooting stuff (LRF, chrono etc) propped up next to the bookshelf, one of my axes by the fireplace...
    Upstairs I have a spare room where I keep all the rest... (Large stuff, tents, sleeping bags, gun cabinet, reloading equipment, etc and all the stuff from the Army.)
    Most of my flyfishing gear is spread out over the floor..
    Going fishing tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Looks like I have a long way to go when it comes to the "craft" part of bushcraft....good job there, looking forward to see the finished chest :-)
    I just realised I've not included photos of the final chest on this thread. For the sake of completeness here's a photo of the completed chest:

Last edited by Bernie; 27-02-2014 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Added photo

I keep mine in the boot of the car and in the loft but there are little bits in the spare room (which I call my room, she doesn't like that) and my OH goes nuts at the 'mess' everywhere (to me its not mess, don't really understand her problem...)

Surprising what one can do,with a bit of skill.Nice job Bernie.People would never no that was a pile of scrap pallet.
    Good bit of recycling!
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    Surprising what one can do,with a bit of skill.Nice job Bernie.People would never no that was a pile of scrap pallet.
    Good bit of recycling!
    Same here Bernie
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Nice job there Bernie.

I came home one day to find my stove and lantern collection in bin bags and dumped outside. The wife wanted the dining room back and to stop it looking like Steptoe & Son's front room. Anyway I ended up renting a little lock up garage a few miles away to store stoves and kit in general. I've since sold the bulk of my stoves and lamps and whats left will be mainly up in the loft. I'll keep the garage for storing other bits and bobs.

PS, love the chest Bernie.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

Samuel Hearne
    Decided to sort my garage out today and get ready for the meet on the 27th, I opened a Bergan and found 4 flint an steels, 3 moras and my old issued survival kit all in the hood pocket, then had a quick look at what was in the main sack there was a poncho liner, 58 pattern poncho, NBC suit, spare combats, socks ect, 2 whole MREs, 1 issued ratpack and a couple of packs of hexe and a few other bits an pieces, I binned the MREs and the ratpack as they were old, 2 of the flints were dusty and when I tried to strike them they fell apart as they were badly corroded, in the end I managed to empty 2 Bergans and sort through 2 holdalls, I have enough kit for the meet and wont have to worry about not having enough paracord, nylon string.

my misses make me put it all in my office with me so have several tubs stacking round the place got that bad last year i was using them as a chair why working lol, but bare in mind it her kit aswell so dont no what she moaning at LOL

I removed a bunk bed from our smallest bedroom and rebuilt it in the garage with an additional layer. The top holds non bushcraft items that are rarely needed and the new layer holds all my bushcraft gear plus some heavier tools. Mrs Ehecatl doesn't generally venture further than the tuble-dryer or fridge and provided these remain accessible the rest of the garage is all mine!
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.