Thread: Snugpak Expanda Panel

Question Snugpak Expanda Panel

I have never seen these before, but they may help provide a comfortable nights kip in a sleeping bag for a broad shouldered, barrel chested short person.

Name:  g_expanda_panel.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  23.0 KB

So has anyone ever used one?

And if you have, do you know if they are compatible with non snugpak sleeping bags?

Or if there are non snugpak (and hopefully less pricey) versions out there?

Cheers,

Colin
    Ansum La

I have one of these for my snugpak bag. It really does make a difference, I'm a 48" chest and am quite broad shouldered, so the extra room is much appreciated. It allows you to move around more within the bag which helps undo the zip comfortably from the inside and get dressed/ undressed etc.

The only VERY slight downside is that the neck baffle/ hood becomes an odd shape and you now have a bit more cordage on the inside to get caught and confused by when you try to get out of it. I haven't tried it with any of my other sleeping bags, but it does look like quite a generic zip size.

I cant remember what I paid for it but think I got it from cadetdirect.com if that helps.

Cheers fella that is really helpful

I seem to be fluctuating between 45" and 47" at the moment, so anything that can help provide a bit of comfort can only be a good thing.

I had a look at Cadet Direct (and a few other places) and £20 seems to be the going rate. So if I don't see any on evilbay I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and pay top dollar for one.

Or I could set myself a little DIY expanda panel project (it not like I've got several other such projects struggling to make it out of the thinking stage!)

Thank again for you reply.

Cheers,

Colin
    Ansum La

The Snugpak ones only fit the snugpak zips.
    Millets did an expander panel in their Eurohike range - it was only about a fiver. The zip on the Eurohike one was of the 'smaller teeth' variety.
    Have a look in your local Millets and see if they still have any.
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/