Thread: bridge hammock

bridge hammock

Has anyone used a bridge hammock like the bear mountain by jacks r better?

I have a hennessy but can't get completely comfy in it, find my ankles get bent into strange angles.

Also does anyone know of a UK distributor of Bridge hammocks?

I made one out of a military tarp, wasn't that hard, and seemed rather comfy with a self inflating pad in it. Mind you, was my first experience sleeping in a hammock out in the woods, but definitely won't be my last!

Thanks Mike. I just found detailed instructions on Hammock forums. I was already thinking of making one, I couldn't decide on an oversize gathered end which I knew how to make or trying a bridge hammock, but I didn't know the correct curve on a bridge... but now I do.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=1676

This is just a random thought, which I have not tried myself and I have a DD and not a Hennessey hammock, so I don't know if it would even be practical, but...

Could you wedge in and secure a compacted down walking pole or unextended bivvy pole to the foot end of you hammock, which might mimic the natural spreading effect of your shoulders and provide more space for your feet?

If this is a completely daft suggestion, don't blame me, blame the coffee
    Ansum La

Quote Originally Posted by GwersyllaCnau View Post
    Thanks Mike. I just found detailed instructions on Hammock forums. I was already thinking of making one, I couldn't decide on an oversize gathered end which I knew how to make or trying a bridge hammock, but I didn't know the correct curve on a bridge... but now I do.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=1676
    More effort than I did first try, I bought two 7/8" poplar dowels from the hardware store, looked for the length to cut to, the Brit issue basha Ianc gave me showed I had enough sag in it with the 36", that I didn't cut, just drilled holes large enough in the ends to fit my rope (glow in the dark rope of all things) through, and set it up on trees, tensioning with "Herc straps", pretty easy overall.