Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coupla days in the woods with friends

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hushwing View Post
    Looks like a sound time. Well done Phil and Ash - nice atmosphere shown again. I managed to do an ember on my first bow drill adventure up at the Crannog Centre at Loch Tay under the tutelage of an iron age lady, no less. However, did nearly remove her head once though with a flying drill - I think that was ancient Celt she muttered under her breath!! It's just since then I have only had one success but beginning to realise that if someone hands you a bit of kit and it hasn't been used regularly then it's unlikely to have been trimmed/tidied for the next job - the tip is often glassy which I now realise isn't a good thing. thanks guys for sharing both the atmposphere and as usual the info. >C
    No problem, I think we did have a real nice little bow-drill workshop there that day, although we were lacking in tinder somewhat I think the guys learnt some stuff, admitidly we didn't spend too long doing it and there's a lot more to learn in terms of making a good set themselves, but there's plenty of time to cover that and a fitty excuse for another outing.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AL... View Post
    Great vid Ash and the music is fantastic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hushwing View Post
    .. Ash, what is the music?
    The music is a portion of: Sigur Rós - Heysátan I've bought their album "Takk..."for some of the moody music, some of it's quite nice. You'll probably recognise the "Hoppípolla" track as I think the BBC use it quite a lot.

I think you'll probably be hearing some more of their tunes in my personal vids that I post on here.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Grand
    Ansum La

Great Ash .. realy liked the sounds

Cheers
    AL