Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Rifle Hunting (non-FAC, as that's not fair!) - anyone up for a 'meet' 2011?

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Just to bring this back on track a little. Chris Jones at Woodland Valley is happy for us to shoot on his land. Now, I've yet to see a rabbit there, although I'm assured they are there, but there are plenty of wood pigeons and it's a great spot for camping; hammocks, tents, tarps or whatever you fancy. It has been the traditional home of NaturalBushcraft meets for the last couple of years and is a great venue.

If you guys are up for it let me know and we will organise some sort of get together with a hunting theme. It's probably best to leave this to sometime in April so we get the weather and the early mornings and later evenings.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

I'll have to wait on this until you have firm dates.

yeah i will need dates too. assuming my dad will let me go hunting with a load of grumpy old gun tooting men in the middle of nowhere
    "There's enough in this world for everyones need, but not enough for everyone greed"
    Ghandi

"only when the last tree has burned, the last fish has been caught, the last river poisoned, will we realise we cannot eat money"

I might be up for this and would probably take some beating at coming last Haven't shot in anger for many years so would be fun and as a bonus would get to meet some of you lads.
    Paul - I'm one of the elite (left handed) as well so you could have a go with mine.
    You were born as an original. Don't die as a copy

Quote Originally Posted by Skate View Post
    I might be up for this and would probably take some beating at coming last Haven't shot in anger for many years so would be fun and as a bonus would get to meet some of you lads.
    Paul - I'm one of the elite (left handed) as well so you could have a go with mine.
    Cheers Skate - Good to see there's at least one other lefty here...! - I'd love to have some shots with yours.

I'm definately up for it and April time suits me and It would be great to meet up with some of the guys on the forum. I might even have bought my own air gun by them but boy... haven't the prices gone up over the last few years...! - Was looking at the HWK77 recently which was always a good economical bit of kit 15 yrs ago when I was shooting but not so cheap now so we'll have to see. I'm going to look around for a 2nd hand set-up.

Paul.
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

Im up for this and Paul the HW77 is still a top rifle in my book. In fact the HW97 that i own is just a 77 with a few minor upgrades

Trapper
    Hi guys, i am new on here but i have a place on a weekend in Feb. just like you are planning. Once you get a date sorted i will be interested and can bring a few air rifles if any one needs to borrow one. Heres a list: Air Arms TX200 .177/Air Arms S400 .22/Origanal Mod 45 ambi stock (1980 but mint and putting out 11.2 ft.lbs.)/BSA Supersport .22/BSA Lightening .22 and .177. So as you see i quite like my air rifles. (need a pretty big barn door to be effective tho!). Stan.
    Last edited by bigstan; 22-01-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Hey Bigstan - we can see where all your pocket money went...! - As you've seen, i'm up for a lend for that weekend and Skate has offered to share a bit so a lend of one of yours as well would be spot on. Ambi stock preferable.

Paul.
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

Hmmmm, I'm well up for a bit of this, I have a Fenman that isnt used enough.

well get down on that airgun range early before the meet and start baiting it with bread and corn,maybe even a pheasant feeder,then shoot the pidgions and the like that visit.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.