Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Rifle Hunting (non-FAC, as that's not fair!) - anyone up for a 'meet' 2011?

Smile Air Rifle Hunting (non-FAC, as that's not fair!) - anyone up for a 'meet' 2011?

Following on from the thread about our rifles:

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...?125-My-rifles

...and how we don't get to use them much, how about we plan a meet with permission somewhere with plenty of notice so we can do 'bushcrafty-type' things (that's Poshcrafty for you Martin, with the Roller campervan) and take care of someone's 'pest' problem (and stuff our bellies - I've got some great recipes!).

What do you think Ash / Martin / Skate / Paul / you?

... I think we can even include Fish and his >12lbs Catapults so he can show us up!

Answers on a postcard...

Steve

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Sounds like a good idea Steve. Don't forget, the Cornwall RV has an air rifle range this year, so that could be fun for a bit of healthy competition. Otherwise, any ideas for a venue??

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Hi Martin,

Definitely interested in any comp., just gotta wrap it around work (I'm an IT Program Manager so work non-stop 24-7/365!)

I'm keeping my eyes on the airgun blogs but, as you know, 'permissions' get filled rather quickly! It's probably better if we get an idea of how many people are interested and then use that info (even if we end-up paying a farmer with a bad 'pest' problem a tenner each for a weekend - you get the idea). Early days and any input welcome.

Steve

hmmm.....i would have trouble convincing my dad to drive me outside of wales. also just incase everyone is intrested tround 3 of the ukhft EXTREME (it's like normal hunter field target, but EXTREME!!!) is in quarry in south wales on the 24th if anyone is intrested. all airguns are accepted (.22, .177, .20, spring, pcp, £40 budget airgun, £1,500 top end FT rifle, junior, oap) quarry is a seriously challenging HFT course and very good fun!
    i have no permission at the moment apart from my garden (i have a very large garden) so it would be great if i could get out and do some proper living off the land!
    "There's enough in this world for everyones need, but not enough for everyone greed"
    Ghandi

"only when the last tree has burned, the last fish has been caught, the last river poisoned, will we realise we cannot eat money"

Hi Steve, I haven't shot anything for 14 years except for a few clays on the range and a don't have an air rifle anymore but if someone is willing to lend me one for a weekend then I'm up for a bit of a competition provided we are doing it for the pot and I don't mind coming last either....!

I'm left handed so I'd need a non-handed or Left handed stock otherwise I'll be doubly handicapt...!

Paul.
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

I've got an operation planned for the 26th Jan so I'll not be able to make the Wales UKHFT (or anything else for about a month after that), but keep the ideas coming...

Cheers

Steve
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

Hi Martin,

Going to try to get to the Cornwall RV this year, but it'll only be from the Sat onwards and I'll have to rush there from a Woodlore course in East Sussex. I'm itching to try out the XVI (which I still haven't collected yet!).

Steve
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

Im hoping to go to Cornwall RV this year as im trying to get into leathercraft and i see that they are running some workshops. I take it the air rifle range will be bring your own gun ? ( could be fun as i`ll be going on my motorbike )

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGOF View Post
    Im hoping to go to Cornwall RV this year as im trying to get into leathercraft and i see that they are running some workshops. I take it the air rifle range will be bring your own gun ? ( could be fun as i`ll be going on my motorbike )
    I think there will be rifles there for people to try out.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Cool, i often strap the rifle to the bike but have never tried it with all my camping gear as well