Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lightweight sleeping bag advice

I dont know what build you are but it pays to keep an eye on the bag measurements...the coleman in your link is 5cm less around the shoulders and although not much its a lot when you need it and a tight fit can give you lofting issues which will effect the bags heat retaining properties.
    oh well try again

oh well try again

Hi there
    I've got one of these and its been pretty good..
    http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/sh...er-666758.html
    Cheers
    Gareth

Quote Originally Posted by cuppa joe View Post
    I dont know what build you are but it pays to keep an eye on the bag measurements...the coleman in your link is 5cm less around the shoulders and although not much its a lot when you need it and a tight fit can give you lofting issues which will effect the bags heat retaining properties.
    I second that! - I made that mistake once and bought a nice compact bag that only came up to my shoulder blades!
    If you stretch out both arms to represent all time on earth, then with one stroke of a nail file you could eradicate all human history, and 98 per cent of all human history was spent in the stone age.

Hobo
    Thanks everyone.
    I got one of these in the end, seemed like a good price-
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIGHLANDER...-/370502303338

I will be reporting back soon on how it performed and saying how you are all right and I should have saved up!!!

How did you get on with your bag bud, was it warm/comfy enough?

Hobo
    Quote Originally Posted by ADz_1983 View Post
    How did you get on with your bag bud, was it warm/comfy enough?

Hi,
    I wild camped on Dartmoor shortly after my last post above and everything was great. As suggested I carried and used clean and dry thermals to sleep in and I was too hot! The temp at night was well above freezing though. I reckon I would be ok down to about -2 or -3 with this bag and thermals, maybe even a bit lower at a push. I will be heading out again in early spring, no winter camping for me.....

Thanks for asking ADz_1983

Cheers

Dave

Dave

Ah thats good, glad it worked out.

I too was recently looking into trying to find a light, compact and cheap sleeping bag that was warm and grabbed a Tesco Micro-Lite although I think I'll just be using this in Summer or as a spare for somebody else. I was also tempted to try a Gelert X-treme or Vango Venom among others I had seen and read about.

I looked at the expensive ones at same time and seemed to keep going back to the Mountain Equipment range, particularly the Xero as they have some awesome reviews and seemed to fit perfect into my needs (except price ofcourse). I really liked the sound of a down bag and talked myself into putting an offer in on a Xero 350 on ebay that was new but without stuff sack. I managed to gnab it for £175 (RRP £280) so really looking forward to trying it out in Winter or like yourself Spring and hoping its going to be an investment that lasts years as long as I look after it.
    Last edited by ADz; 01-11-2012 at 12:20 AM.