Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: My jerven bag

  1. #21
    Trapper
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Trossachs, Scotland
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by comanighttrain View Post
    I just realized that this is probably a good bit of kit for Scotland...

    just replace "the soaking wet marsh" with "Scotland"
    That's not a wet marsh - it's atmospheric landscape!

  2. #22
    Tribal Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Hushwing View Post
    That's not a wet marsh - it's atmospheric landscape!
    wet marsh-like atmospheric landscape!

  3. #23
    Tribal Elder
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    St. Helens north west
    Posts
    1,121

    Thumbs up

    most beautiful bog ridden wet marsh like atmospheric eye pleasing landscape or Scotland!!!
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

  4. #24
    Ent FishyFolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Harstad, Norway
    Posts
    3,542
    Quote Originally Posted by alvino78 View Post
    most beautiful bog ridden wet marsh like atmospheric eye pleasing landscape or Scotland!!!
    Sounds a lot like the less rocky parts of this fjord infested rock, otherwise known as Norway. In other words the Jerven bag should be perfect...
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

    Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

  5. #25
    Tribal Elder Kernowek Scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,001
    If you think Scotland is a wee bit damp, you want to try a weekend in Talacre (North Wales). No matter how sunny it was in Liverpool when we set off and regardless of what the forecast predicted; It was always, ALWAYS damp and miserable when we got there.

    I believe Talacre may test the Jervan bag to its limits.
    Ansum La

  6. #26
    Ent FishyFolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Harstad, Norway
    Posts
    3,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernowek Scouser View Post
    If you think Scotland is a wee bit damp, you want to try a weekend in Talacre (North Wales). No matter how sunny it was in Liverpool when we set off and regardless of what the forecast predicted; It was always, ALWAYS damp and miserable when we got there.

    I believe Talacre may test the Jervan bag to its limits.

    You have never been in Gullesfjord, Norway where my mom hails from. Same story here. It may be a nice summer day, the sea is like a mirror, the sun is shining, with only moderate snow showers now and then, and we go to Gullesfjord...to be greeted by Northern gales, and the clouds hanging on the roof tops...
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

    Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

  7. #27
    Tribal Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,302
    I'm on the tipping point of getting one of these...

    Thermo or original... might come down to a coin toss

  8. #28
    Ent FishyFolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Harstad, Norway
    Posts
    3,542
    Quote Originally Posted by comanighttrain View Post
    I'm on the tipping point of getting one of these...

    Thermo or original... might come down to a coin toss
    Get the thermo. The original is a lot smaller and only meant to sit in, or to be used as a poncho. And there will be a lot of condensation.
    The thermo has a liner, and is big enough to sleep in...can probably stuff 2 people in of they are intimate...he he
    Anyway, you get loads of space for a sleeping bag inside if you want to use it as a sleeping bag shell. And the liner prevents a lot of condensation, and you can use it as a blanket too.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

    Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

  9. #29
    Tribal Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,302
    Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Get the thermo. The original is a lot smaller and only meant to sit in, or to be used as a poncho. And there will be a lot of condensation.
    The thermo has a liner, and is big enough to sleep in...can probably stuff 2 people in of they are intimate...he he
    Anyway, you get loads of space for a sleeping bag inside if you want to use it as a sleeping bag shell. And the liner prevents a lot of condensation, and you can use it as a blanket too.
    Thanks Fishy!

    Sounds ideal! Worried about the packing size of it though... I have emailed the company for measurements...

    any idea how much space it occupies?

  10. #30
    Ent FishyFolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Harstad, Norway
    Posts
    3,542
    Quote Originally Posted by comanighttrain View Post
    Thanks Fishy!

    Sounds ideal! Worried about the packing size of it though... I have emailed the company for measurements...

    any idea how much space it occupies?
    Here is a picture

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jerven 001.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	5328

    It is quite bulky. The original packs down to maybe 1/3 of that, but that one is in poncho size. The Thermo is a lot bulkier. In the picture I have not bothered to compress it very much.
    I hang mine on the outside of the backpack, as the bagg it comes in is made in the same weatherproof material as the bag itself.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

    Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •