Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is a Norgie / Norgy

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Anyway, most Norwegian army cloting is absolutely brilliant, and high quality. So if you get your hands on some, count yourself blessed.

Norgie, Norgy is probably derived from the Norwegian word for our country....Norge. In the Norwegian army we simply call it a "Feltsjorte" = field shirt.
    Do you have Army surplus dealers in Norway who sell by mail order like we do in the UK?

- and, yes, the Norwegian kit is of terrific quality. I had a Bergans pack for many years. It was an excellent pack until my son borrowed it. Some one else thought that it was good as well
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by happybonzo View Post
    Do you have Army surplus dealers in Norway who sell by mail order like we do in the UK?

- and, yes, the Norwegian kit is of terrific quality. I had a Bergans pack for many years. It was an excellent pack until my son borrowed it. Some one else thought that it was good as well
    Yes we have a few:

https://www.forsvarsbrukt.no/default.aspx
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Trapper
    As a kid my dad bought all our clothes from army surplus stores, including my school uniform, I was the best dressed japanese rear admiral in my school class. Hehehe
    There are no strangers, just friends I have not met

Trapper
    I used to wear mine on exercise and loved it til I took it as a just in case item and only had a cotton t shirt to wear underneath. 2 layers of wet cotton left me with a horrible night in my maggot. Soon afterward I got my buffalo mountain shirt and used that instead. one good thing about the pure cotton material is the fire resistance. It was one of the few items we were allowed to wear under a flying suit.
    Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me.

As a kid my dad bought all our clothes from army surplus stores, including my school uniform, I was the best dressed japanese rear admiral in my school class. Hehehe
    HA HA thats great,as I started to read that I began to thought "how sad". Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Dan XF View Post
    I used to wear mine on exercise and loved it til I took it as a just in case item and only had a cotton t shirt to wear underneath. 2 layers of wet cotton left me with a horrible night in my maggot. Soon afterward I got my buffalo mountain shirt and used that instead. one good thing about the pure cotton material is the fire resistance. It was one of the few items we were allowed to wear under a flying suit.
    Yeah, cotton is horrible when you get wet. Thats why we always had and I still have a dry shift to put on once camp is made. In the sleeping bag I more or less always strip down. It's warmer that way, as your body heat does not have to struggle it's way trough a bunch of insulating clothes to heat up your bag. Gets a bit worse to get out in the morning, but if you keep your clothes with you in the bag, they should be nice and toast to put ion too :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum