Page 102 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1170

Thread: My daily bushcraft

Took my son out to do some navigation practice, at the same time did some tree plant recognition and even managed to watch a Peregrine falcon make and eat a kill
    Attachment 12449
    [

Found that three tent pegs stuck in the ground to sit my pot on just above the Trangia is much better and less fiddly than using an Ikea hobo stove, easier to put the cap on too.

Just got to make a wind break now

Topped up my Carreer 707 with air.sharpened my knife,n laid out my gear for a 5am.trip to the camping/trailer park I pest control.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Today I received my order from Greenman Bushcraft, amazing service. My kit is now complete, almost!

Here is a picture of what I have accumulated so far;

I hope your right Zac...... mines been complete for 40 odd yrs but I keep buying STUFF lol, Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

My thinking exactly Ken. That looks like seed-corn equipment to me. Once you have all you need, somehow, it just grows naturally, until now I have a room dedicted to it. Zac has all the kit he needs! But wait! I don't see an underblanket! And so it goes.
    “If the apple won't fall - go shake the tree.”
    ― Isaac Newton

......or one of those superlight grilly ping thingys
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Ichneumon View Post
    My thinking exactly Ken. That looks like seed-corn equipment to me. Once you have all you need, somehow, it just grows naturally, until now I have a room dedicted to it. Zac has all the kit he needs! But wait! I don't see an underblanket! And so it goes.
    Spot on there Paul I wouldnt like to say how much room mine occupies
    Sails r ready, Kenny is doing a motorbiking camp trip with his buddy till Mon night , then off to the boat to finish on Tues you up for it Paul ?
    Last edited by Rasputin; 20-08-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

That's why I put there's my complete kit, ALMOST. There are so many things I can thing of just sitting here typing that I will add to my kit sooner or later but for now, it'll suffice! It's been pretty warm here so with having a hammock/tarp/sleeping bag setup, I haven't really needed it. I have got a roll up mat somewhere! I also have 3 extra knives, mess tins and the list goes on my friends!

Not really bushcrafting, but we moved house a couple of months ago and have started to move some of my stoves and lanterns into the shed, put up shelves yesterday and now need to start cleaning up, some of the stoves have been in my lock up, untouched for years. Sad to say some rodents had gained entry into the lock up and eaten a couple of tents/ sleeping bags and ration packs, very fond of the biscuits and hot chocolate. So a big clear out is needed and a skip ordered so I can clear it out. What I'm keeping will go up in the loft.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140822_142524 (Large).jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	12452
    Richard
    South Wales UK