Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107108109110111112113114115116117
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1170

Thread: My daily bushcraft

Quote Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
    so at least one of you will survive the next moose then.
    Yep, and it won't be me...actually that is no joke. The moose is the most dangerous animal in the forest. Specially now in the spring...
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Yep, and it won't be me...actually that is no joke. The moose is the most dangerous animal in the forest. Specially now in the spring...
    I read this in Call of the Wild. I recall the advice given to the author was to hide behind a tree and let the moose chase you around it. This would go on for a while and eventually the moose would get bored and clear off, hopefully leaving your head free of moose stamps.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Love the can stoves. Due to do this with my scout groups again shortly as it's been a while now and when up and running the sausages will be cooking and there will be happy faces everywhere

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fishing reels ovehauled, lubed and oiled. Ready as a boiled egg for fishing season...now it that ice could just melt off the lakes!
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Fishing reels ovehauled, lubed and oiled. Ready as a boiled egg for fishing season...now it that ice could just melt off the lakes!
    I just got back from a solo camp and it was 24 degrees c , It's amazing that the lakes are still icebound. Doesn't take many miles in either south or north direction to have a drastic change in temperature does it.? How long are the lakes fee of ice?
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Usually around mid june we can start fishing the lakes :-)
    Then they freeze over in October :-)
    I am at 68*N,there is still snow in the forest, and the trees are juststarting to show a hint of green allong the roads...
    (Roald Amundsen)

I would dearly love to spend a little time where winter means snow that is crisp, unlike our rather wet snow. But I think the long winters would be too much for me, I am a bit of a sun worshipper. I can understand your impatience to get out fishing, I miss it after a few weeks.��
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Went out this weekend for an over night.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BHDec01.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	14062

12 hours later!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BHDec04.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	14063

So, I have a British Army Arctic sleeping bag and since it was washed, it is not as warm. Whilst I wasn't cold, I was not cozy. So, any recommendations for a decent four season sleeping bag? I'm not fussed about it's weight, although size is a factor.

Thanks,

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Gortex bivy bag plus the arctic bag will keep you very toasty,
    Richard
    South Wales UK

Samuel Hearne
    Yesterday I tied some more fish hooks for my hand line fishing kit and also replaced the ferro rod that I keep with it as it had corroded.