Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from biker-bri

Hi Brian

Thanks to everyone for the welcome messages, I am still building up my bushcraft kit so for now I will be useing my tarp as a hide for birdwatching with a camo net/fine mesh ( i think they are called a fox hole cover ) draped over the front to break up my silhouette & give me somewere to make a brew. When I have It set up I will post some photos. bri

Trapper
    Hi and welcome Brian. I look forward to the pixs. Mac
    There are no strangers, just friends I have not met

Hi Brian ... sounds like we are into Bushcraft for the same reasons .... to support the photography !!! My interests are both wildlife/birds and landscape work !!!

Trouble is there is no easy way to carry the big guns , you just have to shoulder the burden one way or another , I try to use a bike as a load carrier as far as possible , but

understand you wont be able to have that luxury ...

I use a combination of different camera bags , rucksacs , cycle panniers and handle bar slings to handle different gear combinations/requirements ...

A Crumpler Company Giglo takes the Sigma DG OS 150-500 mm 1:5-6.3 APO HSM , along with short , medium and 70-300 mm zoom lenses and a Canon7D

with one of the short zooms on ...

I have a Crumpler Brians Bucket (sorry , it's what it was called honest !) which is a huge 60 litre rucksack style backpack

which can take all my camera gear including the tripod in a slip pocket and still has room for a set of waterproofs , tarp and pidgeon net ...

( I use the tarp and camo net as a temporary hide too ! )

For overnighters or longer off the bike I have a Karrimore Saber 60-100 with side pockets

http://www.karrimorsf.com/sabre/item...-100-plce.html

If you have the same Sigma 150-500 then the padded case it comes with fits perfectly in one of the PLCE side pockets !!!

http://www.karrimorsf.com/sabre/item...kets-pair.html

The saber is a brilliant bulletproof rucksack and can take all the gear for camping and photography but is heavy on its own , juggling different bags , amounts of kit

and using the bike if possible works ....

But I'm still looking for a better way !!!

Hahaha !!! Cheers Whistle
    Life's a beach .... and then the tide comes in ....

Thank's for the info whistle'r I have a lowpro flipside 400 aw for my camera gear, It "just" takes the 150-500mm I also use a minolta 28-80 zomm & a old zenith 28mm prime, I prefer a monopod rather than a tripod because I useualy wander around find a spot, sit for a while then move on. I have no doubt that I will have to invest in a tripod in the neer future - my last one was a slik 88, fantastic but bloody heavy - it eventualy broke so I salvaged the legs and will use them as basha poles. I will upload some pics tonight to "my album" on my profile page if I can work out how. Cheers Bri

Pictures uploaded to my album include glyder walk, berwyn overnight walk and a few birding pic's Cheers Bri.

Hi there,was your vertigo related to Meniers i had to give up climbing because of it.
    Steve.

To be honnest steve I dont realy know, the vertigo comes n goes leaves me realy low, so much so that I am now on antidepresants "happy tablets" & beta blockers. It can get realy bad when I am in a car I ether have to recline the seat fully or get the wife to stop then lie down at the side of the road all the doc gives me is travel sickness pills & they just make me sleepy, I am seeing the doc on friday I will try to get a referal to the ent dept, thanks for asking Regards Bri
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

All the best with the Doc Bri ... I know what yer goin through too mate.
    Keep yer chin up

Cheers
    AL

Thank's AL
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .