Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Leatherman Quality

I have been severely bitten by the Leatherman bug; I find myself purchasing new tools all the time.

Recently I have gotten myself a Style CS and a Crunch - and I am starting to look into vintage Leatherman tools as well, I am eying a mint condition PST II at the moment and I would really like to get my hands on a Flair.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    I posted details om my Leatherman set up via the SEAL SOG Pup
    knife link http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...8-SEAL-SOG-Pup
    I forgot to add I also have a Leatherman tool adapter (cased) which I've rarely used, I received
    such with my other Leatherman Tool & has been in my grab bag gathering dust.
    I was browsing the Victorinox Swiss Tool Spirit as well 'very nice' indeed.
    Lots of 'shiney' wants eh? lol..
    Regards
    David
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Victorinox Swiss Tool Spirit.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	5387
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leatherman Tool Adapter.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	5386

Just did a count, I have eight Leatherman tools at the moment - and a vintage PST II on the way (maybe).

I currently have:

Wave 25'th anniversary edition, DK version (som say I should be flogged for using it) - the Wave is my all time favourite mulittool, though on the slightly heavy side to be honest. This is my third Wave, here's how I got my first one; http://www.leatherman.com/Products/story?id=2919&c=70

Knifeless Fuse - was my "in backpack EDC" for a few years. Now it lives in Maria's car

Limited Edition Realtree Hardwoods Black Fuse - bought as a collectors item

Rebar (steel version) - this one is a serious competitor to my Wave. I haven't gotten to use min much, but so far I am really impressed for the punch it packs, considering that it is almost half the price og a Wave and approx. 50 g lighter. I really like toe old-school Leatherman design it has going.

Crunch - bought this for fun, but I am actually quite impressed with the locking pliers. This may be a "backpack tool" together with a bit kit, for longer treks, as a supplement for my Wave or Rebar.

Juice S2, orange - my everyday EDC, resides on my belt together with a LED Lenser P5R. I used to carry a XE6, but I found i too heavy for EDC, the S2 has the perfect toolset for me in a very lightweight and small package. I feel completely naked without.

Squirt PS4, black - resides on my keychain. I got this today, so far I am very impressed with the capabilities Leatherman has managed to pack into such a small tool.

Style CS - is normally kept in my everyday backpack, but whenever I go fishing, I clip it to my waders or jacket.

Crater C33, DK version - ok, not a tool. But, it is a very nice knife at the price point. I do not carry it very often however, I frefer fixed blade knives.

Most of my larger tools are carried in the classic black box style leather sheaths btw.

On top of this I have one Monarch 200 and two Monarch 300 LED torches. The 200 is kept on my keychain next to the Squirt PS4 (with a LMF Mini FireSteel and a Fox Micro whistle), one of the 300s resides in Maria's car together with the Knifeless Fuse (in a molle sheath with a LMF Mini and an Acme Tornado whistle) and the other 300 is in my back-up/repair bits-bag for longer treks. I also have the large bit kit and the smaller one with the bit driver.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    JEEP I kinda like this guy There's no such thing as too much Leatherman Tools..LMAO!
    Regards
    David

Banned
    me too !! lol !!