Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Air rifle for sale.

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedABrew View Post
    If Sapper wants it then fair enough - he showed interest first, but I would be very interested and am happy to pay asking price plus delivery costs. If you could find a total weight I can get a price for courier delivery to anywhere in the UK or even organise pick up (quite happy to do that on Sapper's behalf too - I have access to some very reasonably priced shipping companies and discounts through the 'big boys').
    Thats good of you.. I do not have much of a clue about posting guns. It weighs about 2.5kg, so with packaging I reckon it will be just over 3kg.

Alone in the Wilderness
    Hi all

I send some of my rifles for servicing to the manufacturers. Make sure it is well packed and with plenty of bubble wrap. I tend to use Parcelforce and with insurance costs about £14. Just take it to your local post office and they should be happy to help. I hope this helps.
    All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by North Tyne View Post
    Hi all

I send some of my rifles for servicing to the manufacturers. Make sure it is well packed and with plenty of bubble wrap. I tend to use Parcelforce and with insurance costs about £14. Just take it to your local post office and they should be happy to help. I hope this helps.
    All the best.
    Thanks for that.. What do you write where it asks whats inside. I have heard if you write air rifle, they can refuse to take it..

You cant send rifles with parcelforce, you have to use standard parcels and you cant get any insurance or tracking with that, will cost about £15.

Pack and well and prey the PO look after it
    In nature there are no rewards or punishments: there are consequences.

Trapper
    myHermes (https://www.myhermes.co.uk/wps/porta...Home/homepage/) will ship it for under a tenner in 3-5 days, signed for at the other end, and insured up to £150.

Their Excluded items & Prohibited good section says...

--------------------------
    Explosives

Any chemical compound, mixture or device capable of producing an explosive-pyrotechnic effect, with substantial instantaneous release of heat and gas. E.g. Ammunition, Blasting Caps, Fireworks, Flares, Fuses, Igniters and Nitroglycerine.

Items that appear to be prohibited weapons or explosive ordnance, even if incapable of being used as a weapon are also prohibited.

Well if you ask me an air rifle doesn't really fit into the above but we can always ask and say it's drain rods or something if an air rifle is a no no

Quote Originally Posted by NeedABrew View Post
    myHermes (https://www.myhermes.co.uk/wps/porta...Home/homepage/) will ship it for under a tenner in 3-5 days, signed for at the other end, and insured up to £150.

Their Excluded items & Prohibited good section says...

Explosives

Any chemical compound, mixture or device capable of producing an explosive-pyrotechnic effect, with substantial instantaneous release of heat and gas. E.g. Ammunition, Blasting Caps, Fireworks, Flares, Fuses, Igniters and Nitroglycerine.

Items that appear to be prohibited weapons or explosive ordnance, even if incapable of being used as a weapon are also prohibited.

Well if you ask me an air rifle doesn't really fit into the above but we can always ask and say it's drain rods or something if an air rifle is a no no
    Sapper..?

I cant commit to it now so needabrew can have it if he wants
    [

Gun sold.

Great news Jonny

Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR

Quote Originally Posted by AL... View Post
    Great news Jonny

Cheers
    AL
    Cheers Al :0)