Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Condor Bushlore

love the nussmuck style blade there phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_R View Post
    I have no complaints about or problems with the Greenland axe. (Wouldn't mind a bit longer handle... ) My primary use is splitting dry wood, mostly red or white oak (very hard when dry), with occasional cutting of green limbs. I don't make a habit of chopping dry oak... that's why I have a saw. (I use my Greenland axe much the same as a tomahawk.) I don't doubt that some encounter the occasional soft axe, I've seen the edge roll on expensive axes. If the edge rolls, exchange the axe.
    Good to know...now I wonder what the folks who claimed the steel was too soft were chopping . I also heard of these complaints about a year ago, so if this was a widespread problem, I'm sure Condor would've fixed it by now.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Condor have "tightened" their quality control in the past year, fit and finish is noticeably better. Always a chance of a bad "temper" slipping through quality control. A fine edge intended for chopping soft green woods can/will roll when chopping hard dry wood, even with a proper temper. I've rolled an edge or two myself, axes and knives, often due to a soft edge, but their has been an occasional wrong edge for the task.
    Phil