Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Condor Bushlore

Condor Bushlore

Hello All, I am looking into buying a Condor Bushlore knife. I have heard good things about this knife being a very stout knife that can take a beating for a cheap price. Does anybody own one of these, if so how does it preform, and how easy is it to sharpen compared to something like a Mora. Thanks

Link to knife-http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Condor-Knives/Condor-Bushlore-Knife/p-92-130-4941/

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Yeah, I've got one. Not easy to sharpen, it is a very chunky blade (5mm steel) with a short convex bevel on it and I've been trying for a some time to get a decent edge on it with very poor results. However, don't necessarily be put off by my experience. I am not very experienced at sharpening a convex bevel and definitely need more practise. I also read good reviews of the knife and it looks really nice, feels good in the hand and comes with a lovely sheath. For the money, if you feel confident about sharpening the convex bevel, I would say it's worth a punt.

Let us know what you decide.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Thanks for the reply Martin,
    I thought that it was a scandi grind knife like that of a Mora. I will give it a spin anyways though... seeing as it doesn't cost too much money. I heard this knife is indestructible, so might be good for batoning even when it's dull.

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    I have the Nessmuk version and had the others on a BB passaround, terrible knives, not worth it even if they were given away...get a mora.

Are they really that bad?, because I hear good things about them on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by luresalive View Post
    I have the Nessmuk version and had the others on a BB passaround, terrible knives, not worth it even if they were given away...get a mora.
    That's a pretty damning indictment of these knives, especially compared to the reviews about on the internet. I'm not suggesting you're wrong, but what precisely don't you like about your nessmuk version of the Condor? And, what was the verdict from British Blades? I assume they didn't like it/them?

I'm planning on taking mine to the RV at Easter to see if the esteemed Mr Budd can help me. I reckon if he can help me get this sharp then I will be able to sharpen anything. I'll make my mind up whether it's a keeper or not then.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

You should let us know if the knife is a keeper once you get it sharpened Martin

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    If it's permissible I'll follow this with a link to the passaround, you can see that very very few people actually like these knives and these reviews are from people who know their stuff, if they say they are not worth the money you can be sure they are right. I understand that my comment was harsh but to be honest if I had told you what I really think of them I would have been banned!! Please however don't take my word for it, it maybe the perfect knife for you, but if it is getting good reviews out there all I can say is that those giving the good reviews don't use knives very often..

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/...light=bushlore
    Last edited by luresalive; 24-12-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Alone in the Wilderness
    The earlier version was rubbish, it's true - but the Mark 2 is much better. Still took me a while to get it hair-shaving sharp out of the box, and tbh I won't be carving spoons with it either, but it's a pretty bombproof knife (needs a long drink of linseed oil also imho once you first get it.) If you want something you can baton with and treat horribly, then it's great. Gets good sparks off a ferro rod too.

Corfe, thanks for resurrecting this thread. Dave Budd took one look and said that he couldn't get it sharp at the RV. It hasn't been out of my bushcraft storage box since.

Martin