Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wild Britain with Ray Mears

Yep I only knew about the new Ray Mears wild Britain was on when there was an advert uploaded from one of the people I have subscribed to on youtube, no adverts on sky
    bacon on the fire

its on ITV player i have been watchin it on there

just looked only 4 eps left oldest for 5 days http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=285744

Ray Mears is a hero. So far I've watched series one of Wild Britain and Bushcraft, and I've seen a few episodes of Wild Food on Youtube. I'm going to start watching series one of Survival, too. Does anyone else think that the name for that series is a bit, well, misleading? It's more about survival in the animal kingdom than actually surviving as a human in rough terrain.

Is it true that Wild Britain series 2 isn't coming out on DVD? Why?
    Last edited by Oakenwise; 27-08-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humakt View Post
    ITV clearly think their viewers are incapable of holding a train of thought and remaining interested. And, judging by their usual output, they may well be right. (A friend of mine, who is a psychiatric nurse, says the TVs in their common rooms are kept locked on ITV because the output is so anodyne and unstimulating it keeps the residents sedate)
    The episodes really need an hour, and no adverts. Keeping in mind opening credits, end credits and ad break, you barely have a 20 minute programme.
    I have the first series of Wild Britain on DVD. A lot was taken out when it aired on TV.

Edit: I must point out, by the way, that both Wild Britain and the older Bushcraft series are a bit...bugged. The quality of Bushcraft in particular is almost unwatchable on fullscreen and there is often problems with the screen, artifacts and whatnot. Anyone have any idea what's going on there?
    Last edited by Oakenwise; 27-08-2012 at 12:54 PM.