Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After the end of the world???!!!!

Wink After the end of the world???!!!!

I have been pondering this question for a little while, and considering the civilisation is going to end at the end of the year!!!!

Where in the world would be the safest place to live? considering natural disasters eg earthquake/ tsunami/ tornado/ super volcano etc etc etc.... and when the political and local populace are also taken into account?

It's just one of those 'what if?' questions I like to think about at times, and just thought it might start a little debate.

In preparation you just have what you can carry in a rucksack and no prepositioning of equipment.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Given that the world is going to end, I'm afraid I can't tell you where the safest place to be will be.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

I'd like to suggest in the Snug at Mrs Miggins Olde Worlde Pye Shoppe but I expect that Martin's probably more on track
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

I'm gonna say the International space station. Not sure What I'd do when the food and water ran out though? Hmmmm...... Sounds like the plot for a new channel 4 reality TV programme - Last person alive wins £500.
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?

If ever there was a nuclear attack on Britain, the first thing I would do is jump in my daughters bedroom waste paper bin because nothing ever hits that!!

Messy little beggar.

Ade

Trapper
    Seeing as I live 3 miles from the Aldermaston/Burghfield complex where the Trident warheads are put together then I expect that the area around here will be turned to ash coloured glass. Not much point worrying about it, ain't going to feel a thing.
    Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me.

According to Yahoo it isnt going to happen

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/earliest-ma...175153101.html
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Bet ye thats gonna be the day I catch a record breaking Salmon!

Cheers
    AL

I have a feeling that the end of the world will reduce my customer base by a fair amount......

In preparation I occasionally visit Dundee city centre at midnight Friday or Saturday. The transition from pub to nightclub can be quite chaotic. I dread to think how it is at club kicking out time. Fortunately, I'm well past the clubbing age. Makes me want to upgrade the armour in my bike clothing.