Thread: A blade in your wallet?

A blade in your wallet?

I saw this posted on the song of the paddle forum and thought it deserved a mention here:

Would you carry one just in case, or do you think it's a waste of time?

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    I Like it, but as it no longer folds when open I believe it would be illegal to carry with no reason in the UK.

From a 'gadget' perspective I love it, very clever and slick design but not so sure it's very Bushcrafty.

Interesting point about it's legitimacy in UK law, not sure where it would sit really, Luresalive could be right.

I don't think I'd carry one, I'd have to let the moths out to put it in my wallet :-)
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

Is there not something about not being allowed a knife that is disguised as something else like a pen etc? That aside i dont really know what it would be useful for other than maybe opening letters?

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Not my sort of thing I'm afraid. I've always got my Opinel in my pocket anyway so it wouldn't be much use either. Also, I would be bound to forget it was in my wallet when I went through airport security and would probably get it confiscated.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Hobo
    Saw these a while ago whilst trawling for sharps.
    Despite the fact that it's cool as all hell and a marvel of engineering design, to carry it out and about would probably get you pinched for carrying a concealed weapon.

Carrying this in Denmark, would end you up in prison for six days - aswell as earn you a D.Kr. 5000 fine.