Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: STKR Shaman Survival Knife........ Had to happen!!!!

Trapper
    Don't you listen to him Mike, too much of that Blue Label I reckon. That's a nice looking bit of kit and functional but simple. I think it's perfect for what's required in the woods.
    Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me.

Quote Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
    Beautiful knife Mike. I still prefer your leather sheaths, personally. And these sparky firelighty things...that's why the good lord gave us disposable lighters...
    But those things don't work when wet, Mr. I Break Matches. Guess you like the challenge of matches over Bics, eh? Ya, leather sheaths are awesome, but so is Kydex, really comes down to function and look, classic or tactical.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan XF View Post
    Don't you listen to him Mike, too much of that Blue Label I reckon. That's a nice looking bit of kit and functional but simple. I think it's perfect for what's required in the woods.
    I pretty much focus on simple functionality that looks good, I'm not skilled enough to add fancy artsy stuff. Unless it's a stickman engraved with a Dremel!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
    Unless it's a stickman engraved with a Dremel!
    That could make a neat maker's mark...

Actually thought of that just recently, besides, the Pathfinder's School has something like that......

Well done! Compliments!
    Smoothin it

Thanks Amazed, Martin came by today to pick it up, he's extremely happy with it and impressed, I showed him various bits of my gear, my little garage corner knife shop, etc. and also showed him how I can light a smoke using charcloth, flint and a steel. He was enjoying the time here, quite cool!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
    Actually thought of that just recently, besides, the Pathfinder's School has something like that......
    The Pathfinder School no longer uses that image. Something very similar was copy written adn there was a small legal battle. Not sure who owns the rights to that image. I didn't realize you could copy right a stick figure.
    Smoothin it

Well, it was a rather specialized stickman.......

Beautiful knife. If he doesn't like it, I will adopt it.....lol

Not only did Martin love it more upon first sight, he had to show it off to his inlaws who refused to accept his explanation of my only having a small corner of the garage as a workspace and using simple cheap tools, but he has also fallen in love with the Natural Bushcraft forum (after I pointed him to it, said it's a goldmine for what he wants to learn) and is waiting to read more before he says hi.