Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Content ideas for 'Bushcraft-ising' my Landy

One of these. Always handy to have electricity :-)

http://powerequipment.honda.com/gene...nal-generators
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by Fletching View Post
    Well, I've now got Masai windows and rear bench seats in now, to get it through the London Low Emission Zone nonsense. As soon as I've got it through, I'll be putting chequer plate in the back along with a drawer for kit between the wheel boxes (a la Justin). I've already managed to have a good kip in my hammock in the back.

Steve

Looking at FF's post reminded me about a split charge system giving you two batteries for extra capacity which would also allow for heating water and powering lights etc. Could even install a half decent inverter for 230V supplies.

Thanks FF and Justin. Leisure battery's already on the cards. I helped a mate install a new system on his yacht a few years ago, so know my way around this aspect.

Steve
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

Inverters are indispensable on 4x4, well worth the money, even if just for a small 300W one that'll charge a cell phone or laptop off the battery.

Another fascinating project.

It looks like your landy is going to be a real home from home, all it seems to be missing is the (not so) mini bar
    Ansum La

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
    Inverters are indispensable on 4x4, well worth the money, even if just for a small 300W one that'll charge a cell phone or laptop off the battery.
    Agree with CDN Mike - have used inverters for wildlife surveying work (and keeping my HTC phone charged up which drops battery power the moment you look at it) and they have been indispensable. I would get as high an inverter as you can afford because even some inverters below 500W can struggle with a larger laptop ie you're in danger of draining the battery if not careful even on a landy (not that I have ever done that of course not twice ever! )
    this looks a reasonable one -
    http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...ed=0CGoQ8wIwAA

unless you use a woodgas stove to power those lighter electrical items! - http://biolitestove.com/homestove/overview/ or http://biolitestove.com/campstove/ca...rview/features

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernowek Scouser View Post
    Another fascinating project.

It looks like your landy is going to be a real home from home, all it seems to be missing is the (not so) mini bar
    Stuff that - it's missing the barman!

That has to be the coolest damn stove I have ever seen.

Cheers
    AL

Masai windows pics.

Well, I didn't think it would be quite this easy, but I've just got a letter from transport for London informing me that my 90 is now London Low Emission Zone compliant.

Seats and windows. In the process, I've managed to add a couple of grand to the value and I'm probably the only person in London that's taken a 90 Hardtop and got it through.

Chuffed to bits.