Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Late Intro and apologies to all

Late Intro and apologies to all

Hi all,
    been a member for just over a year now and ashamed to say that I have not introduced myself before now. So here goes:- My name is Dave, I am 57years old. User name on this site butchthedog. I live in Co. Durham, in "Weardale" and use this website quite regularly as I have a strong interest in Bushcraft. I attempt to play electric guitar (not very good at it) and enjoy stock car racing 'as a spectator'. So there you go, that is my poor attempt at an apology to all members for being rude in waiting this long for intro and giving you some idea of the guy who hides behind the name of butchthedog.
    Dave

Welcome to the forum Dave. Glad to have you aboard.

I used to visit your neck of the woods buying a crystal called Weardale Fluorite when I used to own a crystal shop.

Ade.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Hi Dave, a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum. Lurk no more.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Dave. Theres never a need to hide, we don't bite, well not that often anyway

Tribesman
    Welcome Dave...look forward to your posts.
    Tony
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins

Hi Dave!

Steve
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

Hi there from me to
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Hi Dave
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

Thanks for all those welcomes, Ade-Martin-Jus-Tony-Steve-Ben and Phil. Ade I have heard of FLOUROSPAR and FLOURITE or is that one and the same thing. The lead miners used to make spar boxes with minerals and other unusual crystals they found down the mines up here. I believe there is some on display at Killhope lead mining centre, pronounced Killop up the dale. I suppose it passed the time for them in between working 25hrs a day and fiddling about with their play station games and laptops Ha. Ha. Ben I believe you are from around my neck of the woods, having read one of your posts on here with a postcode in it, I am DL15.
    Toodle pip for now, Dave
    Last edited by butchthedog; 05-03-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butchthedog View Post
    Thanks for all those welcomes, Ade-Martin-Jus-Tony-Steve-Ben and Phil. Ade I have heard of FLOUROSPAR and FLOURITE or is that one and the same thing. The lead miners used to make spar boxes with minerals and other unusual crystals they found down the mines up here. I believe there is some on display at Killhope lead mining centre, pronounced Killop up the dale. I suppose it passed the time for them in between working 25hrs a day and fiddling about with their play station games and laptops Ha. Ha. Ben I believe you are from around my neck of the woods, having read one of your posts on here with a postcode in it, I am DL15.
    Toodle pip for now, Dave
    Hi Dave Im from DL14 so not to far apart I think I'm down in Bishop Auckland drop me a line if you fancy
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses