Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bivibag with bug shield

Tribal Elder

Bivibag with bug shield

You might have guessed from the title, but I was wondering if their was such an item as a bivi bag with a bug net on it as well as a full zip to zip it shut (like the rab storm http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/product374.asp)

reason being so you can keep the bugs out but still have open air if it's dry

Tribal Elder
    Thanjs JY... they are half and half... they are more like mini tents than true bivi bags

oh well try again

Tribal Elder
    That looks the ticket right there! cheers joe!

oh well try again

Don't quite get the idea of the Highlander ones. If the bug net is not supported in the air in some way then surely it will rest on your face and the bugs are just going to bite you through it?

they are supported with wire around the rim ....just have to position yourself right.
    I have the falcon hooped bivi tent and it is great quality with room enough to read a book ,get changed (lying down ) ...puts the snugpak stratosphere in the shade in my opinion having tried them both ...better than the dutch army hooped bivi in build quality and very breathable .
    oh well try again

Tribal Elder
    see thing with the falcon is that I could get a tent for not much heavier than that... purely need it for the lightweightness... the rab storm bivi is good because when its zipped up its waterproof all over

Quote Originally Posted by comanighttrain View Post
    see thing with the falcon is that I could get a tent for not much heavier than that... purely need it for the lightweightness... the rab storm bivi is good because when its zipped up its waterproof all over
    dont zip it right up when in side ...its not gas permeable ...leave a little gap for fresh air .
    The rab storm is a great bag by the looks of it nice and light and the proforce Hawk is a 100 grams more in weight so I would go with the Rab if weight is the concern.
    oh well try again