Thread: LIDL Bargain

Trapper

LIDL Bargain

For those of you who love a bargain this week LIDL are doing some cheap outdoor gear. I'm really not sure about most of it but I have bought a trekking t shirt for £5. It is made of polyester and looks similar to my THF shirts that cost £25 a pop. Some good biking stuff this week too.
    Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me.

ok thanks mate might have to go down and have a look

I got some boots there yesterday they seem ok
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

I got a pair of 'walking' boots from Lidl last year, they were something ridiculous like £9.99 and I'd recently won a tenner on the lottery, so I thought I'd take the gamble.

The boots had the look of the cheaper end of the Merrell range, so I had the confidence to walk about without the fear of rowdy ramblers shouting 'Addidas 4 Stripe!!!!' at me and they were very comfortable to walk in... for about a week.

The sole wore down in next to no time, if they were breathable, they must have held there breath when my feet were in them and they were not even remotely waterproof. After their fist proper dousing, the footbed started to disintegrate, exposing the hollow inner heel, which quickly followed suit.

I perceived with them 'til payday, then gave them to the dog.

Can't really complain as they cost less than a tenner, but I would not recommend Lidl boots for serious walking (or frivolous walking for that matter).

But, they should be all right for bimbling about in.

Hope you have better luck with your boots than I had with mine.

Returning to the OP, those T Shirts sound like they might be worth a look. Having dis'ed Lidl's boots, I must say I found found some of the clothes they sell to be decent gear, their technical socks in particular are very good and a hell of a lot cheaper than those on sale at 'proper' outdoor retailers.

I must try not to pop my head in for a quick look at their new gear when I pass by latter today.

Colin

Or just remember to leave my debit card at home, so I don't fail victim to a(onther) moment of retail related madness!