Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How are surplus army boots?

Hobo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    Another vote for the German para boots from me, I got mine from Endicotts also - perform great and I love them, but as Jonny said lacing system is a bit annoying (this varies between models).

How are your new boots holding up alarazr? Comfortable?
    They're excellent thanks! A good purchase I think. I've been out on a few long walks and they've kept me dry and comfortable. A little heavy, but definitely worth it

Before the likes of magnums gsg9 and other lightweight boots German para boots were the most used alternative if the units allowed them so they are as others have said the best cheap option out there, some people say you can't wear 2nd hand boots well due to them moulding to the other persons feet, I've always had old boots and never had issues and never had the money the buy the likes of danners !

Dave

Alone in the Wilderness
    Where did you buy your Pro Boots for £20 Alarazr? They look in very good condition and wouldn't mind a pair as a reserve set of boots at that price.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Lots of good advice on boots & care. I've still got my Forces issue patrol boots DMS sole as well
    as a spare pair of German Para Boots. I've used as part of my kit more 'Gucci Gear'
    Scarpa Attak as well as Danner Acadia (Goretex) still got a spare as issued pair on the shelf
    great boots these but pricey.
    You can't beat a liberal doze of Kiwi boot polish, elbow grease, & beeswax for protection
    Regards
    David

Does anyone know anywhere I can get a pair of german para boots I have 1 pair but want another pair for work??

Cheers scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Does anyone know anywhere I can get a pair of german para boots I have 1 pair but want another pair for work??

Cheers scott
    Dude, have you tried herehttp://www.endicotts.co.uk/extra_inf...php?pages_id=6
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

Yea I have phil I emailed them last night, got a reply this morning they dont have any in stock and dont know when or if they are getting them in. But thanks for the idea.

Scott

Here's a german source! http://www.raeer.com/shopexd.asp?id=17713 30-50€ for used ones

or 90 for new ones! http://www.raeer.com/shopexd.asp?id=12268

That's the standard Infantry Kampfstiefel 2000.

If you are already at it! Order the orginal German Army Shoepolish with it. It's quite cheap 2€ per tube. It's really good as it keeps the seams sealed and freshens up the cooler. In my army days we also used it as a firestarted. Burns nicely. If you keep them covered in a generous smudge of shoepolish every now and then they will stay waterproof for quite a while.
    Last edited by Primerib; 29-11-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Thanks i'll have a look

Well i managed to pick up a pair of german para's today. I was amazed I went in my local army surplus shop not looking for them and they had about 10 pairs in there. I found a pair in my size and in great condition for only £32.