Thread: Dartmoor Today

Dartmoor Today

Was down in the South West this week and had a bit of time on my hands today so did a bit of a circular walk around the Warren House Inn. Been a while since I've been on this part of Dartmoor (3/4 years). The visibility was very poor so was sticking to the trails. Rigged up the tarp near Teignhead Farm for a bit of shelter from the rain for a quick brew. Not much in the way of bushy stuff, except for testing out my new honey stove with the Trangia burner for a quick brew (sorry too wet for pics).

It was a shame to see quite a few trees have been taken out by the wind since the last time I was there. Doesn't seem to be many options for those who like to hang. Seems to have become quite a popular spot, there was signs of a recent fire (certainly not bushcrafters).

Reminded me of the 10/8 item challenge vids... very jealous of those trips... Ash, Martin & co....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-1.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	3885 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	3886
    Last edited by Tedd; 23-02-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    As you say Tedd, a massive shame that people can't respect such a beautiful spot. Teign Head Farm should be an idyllic place for a camp but it is getting spoiled. Not to worry, there are plenty of other unspoiled parts of the moor just a bit further off the beaten track.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.