Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homemade Underblanket

Well this project has now been canned, I bought a down underblanket instead. Will do a full review after the weekend when I use it for the first time.
    resnikov

"You can do loads in 12 minutes. Suck a mint, buy a sledge, have a fast bath"

My blog & twitter

Obviously the more air that is TRAPPED if better. I've looked at a lot of commercially available UQ's and home made ones, they all use suspension line. I think this is a great idea, but... Air could still circulate between the Under Quilt and the hammock especially in high wind. My idea is that once you have the UQ in position using the suspension lines, velcro it to the hammock creating a wind tight seal. Just wondering what you guys think of this.

I haven't even got a hammock yet so this idea may be total Bull. I'm thinking of buying the HH zipped version and making a Kick Ass UQ.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GwersyllaCnau View Post
    Obviously the more air that is TRAPPED if better. I've looked at a lot of commercially available UQ's and home made ones, they all use suspension line. I think this is a great idea, but... Air could still circulate between the Under Quilt and the hammock especially in high wind. My idea is that once you have the UQ in position using the suspension lines, velcro it to the hammock creating a wind tight seal. Just wondering what you guys think of this.

I haven't even got a hammock yet so this idea may be total Bull. I'm thinking of buying the HH zipped version and making a Kick Ass UQ.
    To be honest with you, as you sink down in the hammock, any gap is taken up. On the DD under blanket, you can adjust how close the UB is to the hammock with two extra lengths of shock cord that run the length of the UB. In reality, the small amount of air trapped between the two warms up nicely anyway.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.