Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Insurance

Question Hunting Insurance

Just got my renewal form from BASC. It's £66 for year's full membership - with the insurance included. Anyone know of a cheaper way of insuring?

Cheers

Steve
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

if your only shooting airguns, try B.A.S.A. im a junior so insurance with basc is much cheaper :P
    "There's enough in this world for everyones need, but not enough for everyone greed"
    Ghandi

"only when the last tree has burned, the last fish has been caught, the last river poisoned, will we realise we cannot eat money"

Cheers Aaron - looking now...

Steve

hi yer i have BASA cant rember how much a year it is tho

A google search on BASA brings up some great results.

The best thing about BASC is that their legal people are really switched on. I do agree though that it is expensive especially if you just pay and don't use any of their services.
    It's a bit like car insurance, isn't it? Every year it goes up. I've just re-insured my Motorhome and had quotes from £180 through to £500. You do wonder where they get their figures from sometimes

apologies for a rant
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Completely agree HB.

Thanks for all the help guys but I'm actually going to stick with BASC for the time being. Most farmers are familiar with the organisation and are more amenable to letting you get permission if you can show them your BASC ID and insurance (and promise 'em some bunnies for the pot).

Cheers

Steve

Oh, I might be trading in my Edgar Bros XVI soon as it weighs a bloody ton (esp. with my dodgy back)! Great rifle apart from that though.
    Last edited by Fletching; 17-02-2012 at 07:03 AM. Reason: the voices told me to do it :)

I think you've really cracked it when you say that
    Most farmers are familiar with the organisation and are more amenable to letting you get permission if you can show them your BASC ID and insurance
    It's rather like the DSC1 and DSC2 business. It has no standing but has become the standard that is accepted.

Edgar Bros XVI - very nice but I still prefer weapons at FAC levels. When you take the cost of the Edgar Bros offering (£750+) and then look at the cost of a little BSA Sportsman 2nd hand (I paid £35 for mine) then it all becomes a nonsense.

If you like the Mil look then have a look at these Bad Boys - LINKY
    Only my dog can judge me

Not really bothered about the mil look TBH. I do fancy the Edgar Bros FAC rifles though and believe they have a pretty good rep.

Have a look on www.guntrader.co.uk there's plenty of highly desirable rifles and shotties on there
    Only my dog can judge me