Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What type of Dog

Banned

What type of Dog

When out in the bush what type of dog do you bring with, or what would be your ultimate Bush Dog and why.

A good collie-grayhound cross for intelligence and speed.The intelligence to put it's nose to the ground when it loses site of it's pray and the speed to catch it.I used one of them for years it was able to get most things I sent it after from shushi(rabbit)to dear,even soottis(sheep)it would act like a pointer when out with the popper(Gun) after pritty boys.A good allround mowching jukel is wot you need not to big,just big enuff so it can hold a dear or a sheep till you are able to get to it to disspatch it.Good huntting.....................DONT GET EATEN BY THE BEARS.........TONY.

I dont just have a dog.....I have a Border Collie. He isnt a bush dog, he is a Mountain Dog.

Cant hunt game or round up stock hes had that trained out of him, but he is very good at finding people. He is my friend, my partner, my defender and a proven live saver.
    Last edited by Silverback; 13-02-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    [

Trapper
    Lost my blue eyed Alaskan Husky last December from cancer but he was my bush buddy. His sister is still with us but he was the really good hunter and used to disappear off then bark to warn me he was herding something back towards me. I'd hear the bark then a minute later a deer would run past, he'd appear a few seconds later and look at me as if I was mad for not killing it. I think the Queen would have something to say about that! I've seen him run up a tree to get a squirrel and even do vertical take off. He used to love pigeon, rook and even sparrow. Birds don't seem to expect a dog to launch straight up and take them off the wing. If we went out alone I never really used to see him as he was off in the woods hunting, but if I took the kids he was always in sight and would never let another person or dog near them. But in the house he always did exactly what my ginger tom told him to do. Great dog, looked and acted like a wolf but that was what I wanted of him. RIP Diefenbaker. AS for his sister, useless. She's lazy, greedy and doesn't seem in the slightest bit interested in protecting my kids. Scares the shit out of strangers when they knock at the door though so at least the house is relatively safe.
    Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me.

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    A well trained Lurcher is what I would like..

Tribesman
    A good Lurcher is hard to beat, haven't had one for many years.
    Although as Wayne points out, any intelligent, well trained dog is a joy to be involved with.
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins

Our Two jack russels will shortly be moving on, I'm gonna miss them I used to work them with my ferrets, many moons ago and I miss my ferrets too Circumstances as they are means I'll see the doggies all the time, but they won't be living with me.
    As and when I'm ready to get another dog, I will be getting an Australian Cattle Dog. Robust, a good size and an easy to maintain coat.... and bleddy ansum fellas too
    Last edited by Roadkillphil; 13-02-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

Jack russels for me too,my two are such characters,the dog loves other dogs but not too keen on kids,my bitch loves kids but hates other dogs and strangers.

Chihuaha/Alsation cross breed for me.
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

Quote Originally Posted by Fletching View Post
    Chihuaha/Alsation cross breed for me.
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace