Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: James Noble Knives

Wanderer
    My grief with him is he lies, about everything, especially if he’s caught red handed with a new con, or forum name.
    Back when he was timbo1 he got caught flogging shares in a bit of land worth £20,000, for 280,000, land on which there had been illegal paintball for three years, and land which Aylesbury Planning department put a protection order on it back in 2006. Meaning you could not do anything with the land not camp not sleep not walk about, yet he described it at as pristine ancient woodland. Then came on the forum as three other new people telling everyone what a great place it was and what a great guy Timbo1 was.
    It seems every time James’s name pops up on a forum there is always some new person in place to defend him. Funny that. And that new person ends up being him…

Quote Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
    My grief with him is he lies, about everything, especially if he’s caught red handed with a new con, or forum name.
    Back when he was timbo1 he got caught flogging shares in a bit of land worth £20,000, for 280,000, land on which there had been illegal paintball for three years, and land which Aylesbury Planning department put a protection order on it back in 2006. Meaning you could not do anything with the land not camp not sleep not walk about, yet he described it at as pristine ancient woodland. Then came on the forum as three other new people telling everyone what a great place it was and what a great guy Timbo1 was.
    It seems every time James’s name pops up on a forum there is always some new person in place to defend him. Funny that. And that new person ends up being him…
    Oh come on. Give me a break! You couldn't make it up. Wind yer neck in! Iam not sticking up for him I am just telling you what my knife I bought from them is like. Next you'll be telling me that you discovered a parallel universe - called Narnia - in the back of your wardrobe and he snuck in and fitted a turnstyle when everyone was asleep and started charging for people to go visit! Lol!

The point of this thread was are James Noble Knives any good. The answer is yes! I have got one! Are the made in UK, who in heaven knows! Has he told some lies and copied other people's knives, yes probably. If you think he tried to rip people off over woodland, not that it has got anything to do with knives, show us the evidence! Don't just spread malicious rumours! You are just making up anything that you think makes him look like a charlaten. Where is the evidence? And if it exists why isn't he in prison? Sorry but this is exactly why I haven't joined other forums and why I like/liked this forum. It just toodles along nicely without witch hunts, pretentious know it alls and trouble makers. At the end of the day if James Noble Knives are good people will buy them. He has fantastic feedback where he sells knives. No doubt you think that he wrote all that himeself - or perhaps the Elves from you wardrobe were coerced to write it? Or perhaps lots of ordinary skint people like me thought they got a bargain. I can see why other makers don't like him but that isn't an issue I am interested in, nor should anyone else that just wants to buy a good knife at a fair price, surely? I mean £500 for a knife!!!? You can buy a second hand car for that. A rubbish one but a car nonetheless! It's a sharpened piece of metal with two bits of wood and a leather sheath. My main interest is does it cut, is it robust, does it feel good, can it do the jobs I need? If it looks good too all the better. Think I'll go for a pint and have a lay down!

We are monitoring this thread closely.

Keep it civil gentlemen!

- Ye friendly neighbourhood moderators

Oooooh, the first NB bun fight!!!! BRB, grabbing popcorn and a beer.......... oh wait, I'm at work.

Wanderer
    You seem a tad sensitive, :huh: to criticism of a person whom you’ve never met… I worry about that, so I’ll leave this thread to you.

The proof is out there

As Jakob said this thread has been watched from the minute it started going stale.
    Suffice to say there are obviously varying opinions as to the quality of these knives and also varying opinions as to the legitimacy of the claims of the business.
    Personally I feel that this thread has run its course and I'll be suggesting to the other Mods that it is locked. I do not feel any posts, or the thread, needs to be deleted, as it is informative if not a little heated.
    My concerns lie in the keystone ethics of natural bushcraft. I do not feel this thread is conducive with the friendly manner of the forum and has become overly slanderous.

Regards

Phil
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

Wanderer
    I have said/posted nothing slanderous. My posts are my opinions.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    To echo the sentiments of my fellow moderators, NaturalBushcraft is not the place for rants, bun-fights or any other kind of unpleasantness. It will not be tolerated under any circumstances and we will permanently ban anyone who thinks it may be. If you are that way inclined, get yourself over to another forum where they may tolerate such behaviour.

The bottom line is, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face around the camp fire then don't say it in here!!! If you would say it round the camp fire and it makes others feel uncomfortable then don't say it in here either!!!

There will be no further warnings.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    To echo the sentiments of my fellow moderators, NaturalBushcraft is not the place for rants, bun-fights or any other kind of unpleasantness. It will not be tolerated under any circumstances and we will permanently ban anyone who thinks it may be. If you are that way inclined, get yourself over to another forum where they may tolerate such behaviour.

The bottom line is, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face around the camp fire then don't say it in here!!! If you would say it round the camp fire and it makes others feel uncomfortable then don't say it in here either!!!

There will be no further warnings.

Martin
    OK Martin. Sorry if anything I said was out of line. You guys do a great job and I wouldn't want to do anything that denigrates that.

All said about JN is true unfortunately. He's been banned from pretty much every forum he has been on because of his dishonest nature. The woodland thing Tadpole mentions happened on BCUK and was witnessed by many members there. Myself included.

I can't comment on his knives as i've never seen one in the flesh.