Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A little tarp setup tip video.

Some of my bungees which are strong and no hooks would do better.

Quote Originally Posted by bencasey2001 View Post
    Have you got some pictures?
    Seconded. I'd be interested to see how your setup works. Pics, or even a vid if youm feeling brave, would be great Jus.
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

Closest I have to pictures or vids is 3.30 on Ashleys vid here http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...highlight=looe

Didn't think of taking piccys of the tarp setup as I was focusing on the underquilt at the time. Will see if I can get it set up and take some more photos.

Samuel Hearne
    Hi to everyone just thought that i would let you know i stopped using bungees after seeing alot of accidents with them in one of the accidents one of the blokes had a eye taken out by the hook an the end of a bungee, since i stopped using bungees i have been using inner tube rings attached to my basha with paracord. by the way the reason i have seen so many accidents is because i was a medic in the army.

Quote Originally Posted by ian c View Post
    Hi to everyone just thought that i would let you know i stopped using bungees after seeing alot of accidents with them in one of the accidents one of the blokes had a eye taken out by the hook an the end of a bungee, since i stopped using bungees i have been using inner tube rings attached to my basha with paracord. by the way the reason i have seen so many accidents is because i was a medic in the army.
    Thats why I would never use bungee cords! These things are an accident waiting to happen. Shockcord is the way to go with no nasty hard hooky things on the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ian c View Post
    in the army.
    Hi Ian Thats where I seen a lot of accidents so it made me warry of them.
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Trapper
    I always have used bungees for this. ! on each corner and one in the middle going up to a branch to lift the centre. I didn't witness any eye injuries but I did see a guy lose a piece of calf muscle from a ricochet on the range. Didn't put me off shooting though. Just be careful. I went out to a kid who had a piece of dime bar through his eye. It had shattered and gone like a piece of napped flint, right in to the globe itself. Accidents happen, just hope it's not to you.
    Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me.

Not a big fan of bungees to be honest. Apart from to bungee someone to their bed with 10 blankets over them and turn it upside down. Not a bad weapon sling either.
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillphil View Post
    Not a big fan of bungees to be honest. Apart from to bungee someone to their bed with 10 blankets over them and turn it upside down. Not a bad weapon sling either.
    We used to put them in coveralls with a broom handle through the arms and hung from a locker
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses