Thread: Campfire tales and anecdotes

Campfire tales and anecdotes

If you have any good stories or anecdotes to pass on for the campfire I'd love to hear about them. Whether they're scary or funny please write them down it would be much appreciated.

Anecdote

Ok I'll start the ball rolling. Back when I was 13 I was walking through my local woods head to toe in camo. When I saw a dog, it looked lost. So I went off the path to follow the little critter, after a short walk I heard voices. Now this was unusual because even though there were footpaths through the woods they were seldom used. Now the voices were a couple of teenage girls about 16/17. So I did what any 13 year old boy dressed in camo would do, I dropped down and hid. I don't remember the girls saying anything Intresting and after 10 minutes they left with the dog in tow. I was relieved because I thought that the animal might give me away. But when I got up to leave I noticed the the girls had left a load of picnic rubbish right in the middle of my bit of wilderness . In an instant I picked up the rubbish and put it into a plastic bag that they had kindly left there and followed after them. I caught up with them and then overtook them on a shortcut I knew. After that I placed the bag in the path and hid in a patch of stinging nettles. When one of them saw the bag she exclaimed to the other. "Isn't that our stuff?" The other girl told her not to be stupid and they carried on. So again I picked up the stuff and followed them. After a mile and a bit I came to the local village and I saw the girls go into their home. Once they were inside I tipped all the rubbish on to the drive of their house And then cleared off as quick as I could go! Nobody spoils my countryside. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the story and I hope you'll add one on as well.