Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early Spring?

Trapper

Early Spring?

I've been watching the trees around me for the last fortnight. My neighbour's cherry tree has done it's 2 weeks of blossom and is now dropping petals. I saw bees buzzing around it just before Christmas. There are pussy willow on the trees and catkins on the hazel trees (some of which have green leaves still on them) and my lawn has started growing. I've even got daffodils coming up out front. I used to live in Devon and remember blossom on the trees in late Jan 91 but I've never seen anything like this up here near London. My sister in law has just said that they've got buds on the trees up in Aberdeen. Has anyone known this before? I for one have never seen anything like it.
    Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me.

We were up in the lake district at new year and the gorse bushes were starting to flower! I think they're early but it could just be I've become more observant

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    We still haven't had a frost in our part of Cornwall. Not too sure if it's the whole county but it's been at least 4 degrees all year. I've been out riding my bike today with a tee shirt and a thin top; the sweat was pouring off me.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    the sweat was pouring off me.

Martin
    Are you sure it wasn't the rain?
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Metal mug View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't the rain?
    Ha ha, well it is Cornwall so even when the sun's shining it's usually raining. But, this time I think it was just sweat as it was so warm.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

The gorse hasn't stopped flowering since last year and I camped in a mates garden at the end of November and he had daffodils coming up next to my tent!
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

Christmas day i saw a bee in the garden and today i saw a queen hornet. We have had a air frost but no ground frost(had to scrape the windscreen twice so far). Glad wev'e not had any snow but we could do with a bit of a freeze to b honest. Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paulthefish2009 View Post
    Christmas day i saw a bee in the garden and today i saw a queen hornet. We have had a air frost but no ground frost(had to scrape the windscreen twice so far). Glad wev'e not had any snow but we could do with a bit of a freeze to b honest. Paul
    Where are you Paul?

Martin

Surrey Martin

Quote Originally Posted by paulthefish2009 View Post
    Surrey Martin