Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: urban survival tips

Quote Originally Posted by bigzee View Post
    Yeah -I was just thinking the same thing, 'cos nothing very exciting happens in our village.

Having said that we had a wet bedraggled middle-aged woman knock on our door at 11.30 xmas evening. Nursing a broken arm she said she needed help 'cos she'd spent the last 3 hours in a ditch up the lane, and had to crawl to safety (like some kind of female Joe Simpson), and said she was desparately trying to survive. I think the 3 bottles of wine she'd apparently drunk earlier helped numb the pain, and it certainly livened up our xmas with the ambulance and the police getting the curtains twitching. Our 17 year old lad (who answered the door) was a little freaked though!
    Ha ha. She sounds like a normal British citizen.
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I live in Cornwall.

Martin
    I live in Brixton.

Don't mess - my chai tea is stronger than your wing chun (that's No. 67 on the menu, isn't it?).

Haai-ya!

Steve
    Last edited by Fletching; 06-01-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    I have to go up to that London next month some time. I'll be sure to bear this advice in mind whilst I'm there.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletching View Post
    I live in Brixton.

Don't mess - my chai tea is stronger than your wing chun (that's No. 67 on the menu, isn't it?).

Haai-ya!

Steve
    I'm from the North. I have a Black Pudding belt (9th Eyup) in Ecky Thump so there
    [

Quote Originally Posted by comanighttrain View Post
    old proverb served me well so far - strike first or be struck first

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.... make of that what you will
    well put.
    oh well try again

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    I'm from the North. I have a Black Pudding belt (9th Eyup) in Ecky Thump so there
    ecky thump ...brilliant sketch.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJxGi8bizEg...really funny.
    oh well try again

Quote Originally Posted by cuppa joe View Post
    ecky thump ...brilliant sketch.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJxGi8bizEg...really funny.

Aah a man after my own heart, someone who appreciates good comedy
    [

I live in Newport, so you definitely need some skills around here. Saying that, if I say " hello bud, long time no see, hows your dad doing, you still got that dog?" in a situation as described, I may end up down the hospital, because lately, the percentage of people around in Newport that is actually from here is quite small, so I would say that and the guy may don't even understand what I'm saying, and that's rich coming from me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanodaxis View Post
    I live in Newport, so you definitely need some skills around here. Saying that, if I say " hello bud, long time no see, hows your dad doing, you still got that dog?" in a situation as described, I may end up down the hospital, because lately, the percentage of people around in Newport that is actually from here is quite small, so I would say that and the guy may don't even understand what I'm saying, and that's rich coming from me, I know.
    Im from sunny Bradford originally but have moved up to the highlands for a while .
    oh well try again

love it! i live in newport as well, i was down lower dock st yesterday and there was a guy walking toward me with about half a dozen dogs i dont know if they were for protection or if he'd lost his sled!