Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Making an Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by swkieran View Post
    that's nice ben,have you made the bow to go with it ,bow' n arrows facinate me,have u seen the english long bow in action,some bow that,you have to have fore arms like a docker's wife lol
    I got interested at the Cornwall RV I done the workshop for making a survival bow and I liked the way it turned out as it felt good doing it and I had never tried before So I thought if I make some arrows I can do the same this year It is a really interesting subject I'm busy looking round the internet for info and stuff at the min but some of the stuff is way to high in price
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

i can well imagine, but there works of art and alot goes into making them,there was a reinactment play i went to,and they were firing the longbow,so powerful it can rip through armour ,or through lines of enemy infantry.early day's missle.i think the x bow stuff is cheaper m8.
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars

Well I have to admit I was a bit over the top in my statement as they do look really good It is just when you look and think Whow what price LOL But I do hope that next year to be able to make my own So my main project is getting my shed kitted out with all the tools I need for all the projects and ideas that keep coming on here I blame Ashley to be honest

I found this website again it is where I got my arrows from he seems resonable but I'm still looking (I don't know if I need to put that I don't know them personally). But the services was okay I thought.

http://www.english-longbow.co.uk/

I think your arrow looks great! As CanadianMike pointed out, you could trim the fletchings to make it fly faster and farther. Here are a couple of nice video tutorials on arrow making:

Alone in the African desert without a compass or a guide... However, by carefully noting the position of the sun, I could tell it was still daytime. --Neddie Seagoon

Hi Thhanks for the Vids they are really good and I love the music and the second is cool because I can speak German

...so I guess the German for Fletcher is Pfeil.

Sounds like 'fail'.

Oh, kinda makes sense, I s'pose.
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Thumbs up

I've just caught up with this thread, looks like your doing well Ben, nice one bud.

There was a video about a bow maker I enjoyed a while back, don't know if you've seen it, I'll try and find.... got it...

Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Cheers Ash It is a really interesting subject and useful to I think Im going to order some tools tonight so I can make the arrows as that is a bit fiddly at times but with the right kit I should be cooking on gas I will bring my stuff with me to Cornwall next year and who knows hopefully I will get to make a couple of bows at the same time and bring back somethings to carry on here

Hi there Steve Pfeil is basically arrow it can be just something long straight and pointy, well thats how I always understood it but I did have the odd communication problem in Germany hench being back in the UK

Nice video, Ashley. Thanks! I'm hoping to make my first bow in the coming year. Here's another video for anyone else looking for some inspiration.
    Alone in the African desert without a compass or a guide... However, by carefully noting the position of the sun, I could tell it was still daytime. --Neddie Seagoon