Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The state of the economy..

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Quote Originally Posted by luresalive View Post
    Brother,it was looking even worse in the 20's and 30's and we came out of that, we overcame the black death,world wars, famines and pestilences, it simply won't happen with a simple recession.
    We have and always will overcome things, but how can you say there will be no collapse, when many experts in that field are predicting it Lures..?
    Btw, I am just raising the question.

Love the quote MM

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    They said the Y2K virus would paralyse the online world,it didn't happen..they said the Bird flu Virus would kill 50 million worldwide, it didn't happen, they said swine flu would infect 40% of the UK population,it didn't happen..the one thing you can be sure is the "experts" will get it wrong, just like Global warming,it's all sabre rattling,don't buy into the hype.
    The thing we should be worried about is war with Iran.
    Last edited by luresalive; 19-12-2011 at 11:09 PM.

They said the Y2K virus would paralyse the online world,it didn't happen..they said the Bird flu Virus would kill 50 million worldwide, it didn't happen, they said swine flu would infect 40% of the UK population,it didn't happen..the one thing you can be sure is the "experts" will get it wrong, just like Global warming,it's all sabre rattling,don't buy into the hype.
    The thing we should be worried about is war with Iran.
    You are talking about totally different things there.. Just because people will get things wrong, doesn't mean they will always be wrong. Is that the only reason why you say there will be no collapse..?

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    You are talking about totally different things there.. Just because people will get things wrong, doesn't mean they will always be wrong. Is that the only reason why you say there will be no collapse..?
    I don't think I am talking about different things, I just don't buy into the hype anymore, I'm too old and too cynical to believe scare mongering, and there is ALWAYS scaremongering about something! I guess the only way you will know for sure is to wait and see....

If everyone panicked and started buying survival gear and -food, it would actually be a major boost to the echonomy. Thus possibly preventing said breakdown.

I don't think I am talking about different things, I just don't buy into the hype anymore, I'm too old and too cynical to believe scare mongering, and there is ALWAYS scaremongering about something! I guess the only way you will know for sure is to wait and see....
    That we will..

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    If everyone panicked and started buying survival gear and -food, it would actually be a major boost to the echonomy. Thus possibly preventing said breakdown.
    There is so much irony in that, that even Americans would get it..
    (that is not having a pop at Americans I hasten to add, just going on the understanding that Americans do not get irony)

The financial world is looking incredibly shaky, and if anything did go wrong on a national/international scale, a plausible outcome would be temporary food shortages or at the very least, steep price increases. I don't see any scare mongering or zombie threats in that, just common sense.

To buy excess of your regular (long life) foods and squirrel them away for times when money/work and therefore food is tight, is just sensible home economics.

Loved the comment form the guy buying tins of baked beans when he doesn't even like them!

What normally happen in financial crisis is they have the odd world war it sorts out the over population and gets the ecconomies going
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Tribesman
    I laughed when I saw the well stocked freezer, not sure that's the best way to stock up!
    I tend to agree with Luresalive, this isn't the first or last depression the world will encounter.
    Always reminds me of a volcano, we never know when the major one will happen.
    Anyway I'm off to Tesco's to buy a few tins
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins

Quote Originally Posted by bencasey2001 View Post
    What normally happen in financial crisis is they have the odd world war it sorts out the over population and gets the ecconomies going
    Theres plenty of past events in the history books to confirm this theory too
    [