Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The state of the economy..

Quote Originally Posted by Dan XF View Post
    I think most people nowadays would struggle if Dominos or Mcdonalds stopped sales. If you can light a fire and you know that a piece of meat needs to be cooked over a heat source then you will be ok. If the economy collapses and the ability to exchange money ends then the pharmaceutical companies will stop producing drugs. the factory farms will shut down. Going back to living like our parents did in the 30's would be something we will manage. I'm a huge fan of knowing where your food comes from and making stuff from raw ingredients so I know there are no additives in it. If my kids want cake then my wife does some baking. If they want a savoury dish I get cooking. I don't bake as I can't stand using scales. I make bread and fresh pasta and we grow our own herbs. We end up with more tomatoes than we can eat and in late summer it takes ages to get the kids home from school as they forage for blackberries all the way back. Now I know that I'm a rank amateur compared to most of you guys as I don't hunt and apart from foraging for fresh water mussels in the Thames I haven't fished for years but with the knowledge you guys show on this forum you will be able to weather the storm for the months that it takes to blow over if the wheel does fall off. Stay in touch with nature, that's the key. I was looking at buying a flat to rent out recently and the estate weasel said that you don't even need kitchens in them any more as no one cooks. Most trendy young execs want a fridge, kettle and a microwave. Apart from that they will eat out all the time or get take away delivered. Make Hugh F-W prime minister and Ray Mears minister for the economy and we should all be ok.
    I agree with everything you say here, except the use of weasel in a derisory sense. The weasel is my favourite british animal as anyone who has seen one in action cannot fail but be impressed.
    If you stretch out both arms to represent all time on earth, then with one stroke of a nail file you could eradicate all human history, and 98 per cent of all human history was spent in the stone age.

Quote Originally Posted by rossbird View Post
    Don't think many could have foreseen how deep this one would be.
    I think they may have done: When Tony Blair was asked about the economy during his Premiership he replied that he knew that they, the Labour Government, had been extremely lucky

Please note - this is not to start a political debate.
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by happybonzo View Post
    Good call!
    [

Tribesman
    Quote Originally Posted by happybonzo View Post
    I think they may have done: When Tony Blair was asked about the economy during his Premiership he replied that he knew that they, the Labour Government, had been extremely lucky

I always thought Blair was referring to the fact that the world economy had prospered throughout his time in office, I may be wrong!
    However I stand by my original post on this. There was always going to be a redress at some point, some economists had warned of the levels of debt worldwide. I don't remember any of them warning of a recession of this magnitude.
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins

it was going to happen soona or later (going bust),to much greed in the world etc,you have 1 half starving and the other half with a massive obesity problem,no money for one half ,while the other half live in a fantasy rich man's world,new cars,loans,credit cards galore,holiday's 3 times a year,property ownership,all why we were earning a pittance on national minuim wage or slightly above lol,we will come through this slow down,so nobody panic,,also have you noticed how much nicer people are since all this economic crises,theres a comming together which i think is fantastic,worth more than any stupid credit card lol
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars

Quote Originally Posted by rossbird View Post
    I don't remember any of them warning of a recession of this magnitude.
    Mike Shadlock has been banging on about it for years
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/